Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Please help fine-tune honeymoon itinerary: french riv and Italy (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/please-help-fine-tune-honeymoon-itinerary-french-riv-and-italy-315309/)

michelle_reed1 May 9th, 2003 01:13 PM

Please help fine-tune honeymoon itinerary: french riv and Italy

Please critique and make recommendations of must see, must eats. If you can recommend any changes that should be made, blanks filled in, etc... I realize 3 days in Cinque Terre is alot, but thats our relaxation/pig out/romantic time.

6/23 Nice-
6/24 Nice-
6/25 Menton- jet ski, see Menton
6/26 Menton- see Eze and Menton
6/27 Vernazza- see Monterrosso and Vernazza
6/28 Manarola- see Corniglia and Manarola
6/29 Manarola- see Manarola and Riomaggiore
6/30-Florence- sight see
7/1-Florence- sight see, opera
7/2-Florence- sight see
7/3- ??please make recommendation
7/4- San Gimignano
7/5 -?? please make recommendation
7/6- Siena- sight see
7/7- Siena: Rent scooters and see wineries
7/8 Rome-sight see
7/9 Rome-sight see
7/10 Rome-sight see

spainbound May 9th, 2003 01:33 PM

you might want to first run this intinerary by a marriage counselor. quite hectic don't you think?

i would also suggest that you spend more than 3 days engaged in your "romantic time" if in fact this is your honeymoon.

have fun.

bobthenavigator May 9th, 2003 03:41 PM

Yes, it is hectic, but I still like it.
You are hitting some of my favs. You will have fun. I am still not sure why 2 locations at the CT, but that may not matter. For San Gim., try La Cisterna or Bel Soggiorno in town. Please report back--we want to hear it all.

michelle_reed1 May 9th, 2003 04:16 PM

Any suggestions for my two unplanned days Bob? Anyone?

Budman May 9th, 2003 06:01 PM

Honeymoon!!!

bobthenavigator May 9th, 2003 06:26 PM

Drink lots of vernaccia, hike the area around San Gim., to include a stop for lunch at the Hotel Pescille 3 miles south of town. And, get to Volterra for half a day. If you had a car I would say go to the Abbey Mt. Oliveto Maggiore and then lunch in Montalcino at boccon divino. Hard to go wrong.

Amanda May 9th, 2003 11:51 PM

Stay at only one place in CT - train is only 6 minutes from one town to the next, and you don't need all that packing and repacking on your honeymoon! I hope you're hiring a car in Tuscany, because you can drive around the Chianti region and stop in a small town, do some wine tasting at a cave (pronounced carve) and have an interesting lunch of that region. Go to Monteriggioni - small walled village with two cafes in the piazza overlooking vineyards and olive trees, with a several hundred year old church that we were lucky enough to witness a wedding at. Between Siena and Florence. You can easily fill in a week in Florence alone!

michelle_reed1 May 10th, 2003 01:20 PM

ttt

michelle_reed1 May 11th, 2003 08:02 PM

Can anyone help fill in the ?? days?

ingridshawn May 12th, 2003 01:34 AM

Michelle_reed1: good question would be will your be renting a car? Tuscany offers a plethora of things to do. You can always have a (7/3)excursion to Pisa and Lucca, then during your days in the San Gimignano/Siena days, try day tripping to Chianti, Pienza, or further south try Assisi, Montepulciano. Not sure what you are using as a base but it heads you towards Rome

seanLorraine May 12th, 2003 03:12 AM

2 days to fill in?
My wife would say foreplay, but I reckon there's beer in Italy.