We have our flights booked : San Francisco > Venice, and Naples > San Francisco.
Our flight timings give us 17 nights, and almost 18 days there. I would appreciate your input about my high level plans before I start looking at hotels. We do have an apartment booked San Casciano Dei Bagni already.
We are traveling with two kids ages 9 and 5. Kids are happy travelers and have traveled quite bit. We enjoy history (though long history or museum tours don't work well for the kids), architecture, wandering around, people watching, farmer's markets, festivals and moderate hikes.
Day1 – Arriving Venice at 10am. Check-in, take a walk, relax. Stay in Venice.
Day2, 3 – Explore Venice. Stay in Venice.
Day 4 – Rent a car in the morning, and drive to Florence. Stay in Florence.
Day 5 – Explore Florence. Stay in Florence.
Day 6 – Drive to San Casciano dei Bagni later in the day. Stay in San Casciano dei Bagni.
Day 7-11 – Explore Tuscany and Umbria. Considering Siena, Volterra, Montepulciano, Chiusi, Pienza, Spoleto, Perugia. Would appreciate recommendation for daytrips itinerary from our homebase.
Day 12 – Return Car. Take train to Rome. Stay in Rome.
Day 13 – Explore Rome. Stay in Rome.
Day 14 – Explore Rome. Stay in Rome.
Day 15 – Explore Rome. Take evening bus/train to Sorrento. Stay in Sorrento.
Day 16, 17 – Day trips to Pompeii, Naples, Amalfi coast towns. Stay in Sorrento.
Day 18 – Sorrento. Take Taxi to Naples airport for 6pm flight.
I would appreciate input for overall plan, daytrips and hotel recommendations (ideally upto $250/night but flexible).
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 May Germany, Switzerland, and Iceland
- 2 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia
- 3 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 4 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 5 Family vacation
- 6 GTG Paris December 2017
- 7 Christmas in South of Spain 2018
- 8 Spain December/ January 2018/19
- 9 Tips for first trip to UK
- 10 which language school in Italy?
- 11 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 12 Driving
- 13 Dubrovnik
- 14 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 15 European Christmas Markets Itinerary
- 16 3 weeks driving the Netherlands
- 17 Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence
- 18 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 19 Christmas Markets 2017
- 20 How many miles is a good 'walking tour'?
- 21 Budget trip
- 22 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 23 Adventureseeker returns to Italy! As glorious and detailed as before!
- 24 Algarve Town Selection
- 25 paris to london- day trip