Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Please help Fear has set in about choices.

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30th, 2006, 11:11 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Help!

I leave for my trip to Europe tomorrow. In years past I have relied heavily on recommendations from this board for my stays. Always with great results. On this trip to Florence, I have booked the A Teatro Bed and Breakfast in Florence.
http://www.florenceby.com/ateatro/pages/profile.htm
Now I can't remember how I even found it, as searches on this board come up with only one review. I Also tried travel advisor with minimum luck, it appears to be the same review. I attempted all the other heavily mentioned hotels to no availability.

Does anyone know anything about this B&B or the area. I am starting to fear that maybe the rate was too cheap 90E, and that I may be about to ruin my 15 year anniversary trip. We aren't looking for plush, just clean, friendly, and a central location. Normally Budget places mentioned on this board have been good.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Phones to the hotel not working right now????
Old Jun 30th, 2006, 11:44 PM

There is a description of the place on the Venere site:
http://www.venere.com/hotel/index.ph...;tripref=34990

Photos of the rooms on Vener look nice.

Also, there is one user review on TripAdvisor by someone who loved it:
http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserR...e_Tuscany.html

Venere says it's a brand new structure, so maybe that's why you're not finding much info.

I'd stay there in a NY second. You're just having pre-trip jitters, I'll bet.

Have a great time and tell us all about it when you get back!
Old Jul 1st, 2006, 12:07 AM

The location, by the way looks good. It's on the same square as Santa Croce, a fabulous church. Walking distance to the Uffizi is just 4/10ths of a mile.
Old Jul 1st, 2006, 01:48 AM

dbbthreads .... if I didn't know for sure that I was sitting here at home, with no trip to Firenze in sight, I would swear that I wrote that post.

I too am a worry wort, especially at the last minute when most things are already written in stone.

As DH would say to me ... there is nothing that you can do now, we are going tomorrow and that is where we will be staying. There no chance in h**l that you can find another place in the next few hours even if they do have room. We have paid for this place and it sounds fine, so take it easy and relax, and stop driving both of us nuts."

True words, but I wouldn't listen and would agonize until we walked through the front door of the place in question.

If you are like me, you are scrambling to pack as we speak. Concentrate on that and getting out of the front door on time.

As the others said, the location is great, the building is new and you are going to Europe. (and I'm not!)

I love Firenze and you will too. You have obviously done your homework, now reap the rewards.

Enjoy,

Nina

Old Jul 1st, 2006, 02:28 AM
jkheigle

Hi dbbthreads and all,

I'm in a similar panic mode though with a different destination (Budapest).

I've stayed in Florence several times, in different locations. The last time, 4 years ago, I was located just 100 meters from the Duomo. I spent most of my time walking back and forth to the S. Croce area because I loved the leather stores, good eats, the buildings. I would sit in the S. Croce Piazza and sketch -- It had plenty going on, but didn't feel like the Duomo Grand Central Station. (I was there in July)

Anyway, I LOVE LOVE LOVE Firenze! It is small enough to walk just about anywhere.

Have a ball, and smile now!

Thanks to you Nina for your words of advice!

Old Jul 1st, 2006, 05:35 AM
Original Poster

I did finally get the owner on the phone. She seemed helpful and was able to confirm my reservation. If I change places,it would be to the B & B Olga's house for 110E.
Old Jul 1st, 2006, 08:23 AM

I always have similar fears when planning a trip. You want your trip to be perfect so you second guess your choices. Since you are departing tomorrow, I would keep the reservation you have made. I'm sure your choice is fine..but if it's not...there are usually options open to you. You can usually stay the first night and find alternate arrangements once there. We have done this several times over the years if we find we are really unhappy with our accommodations. There are room finding services, usually at the train station that could help find an alternate hotel if you don't want to waste time looking.

Go...and don't worry about it. Your trip will be wonderful in any case if you go with the flow.
Old Jul 1st, 2006, 08:28 AM

BTW...it looks quite nice!...the www.florenceby.com has an extensive photo gallery for the property and I would certainly stay there.
Old Jul 1st, 2006, 08:45 AM

GIRL, you are going to Europe, for God's sake!!! Relax, it'll be a wonderful vacation and any surprises will make for interesting adventures. Have a great trip!