Reload this Page >

Please Help and guide me to plan my travel

Old Dec 1st, 2016, 02:22 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi

Dear members I am planning to visit Europe for 7 days from 16 dec 2016 to 23 dec 2016.with my wife and 7 years old daughter.

It my very of the first time for europe travel.as my daughter like snow.

I am traveling from UAE and my arrival port is Italy.

I am very much confuse about selecting areas to visit.

Please help me to plan my trip that include switzerland and paris.but which citiea are best in winter.as we are not skies.

Thanks..
Old Dec 1st, 2016, 03:53 AM

Do you have to arrive in Italy? With only 7 days it doesn't make sense, if what you want to see is Paris and Switzerland. Do you leave from Italy also?
Old Dec 1st, 2016, 04:30 AM

You are arriving in Italy, with a child, in 2 weeks!

Have you booked any hotels? Train tickets?

Where in Italy are you arriving? Rome? Milan?

With only 7 days, arriving in Rome, you will probably just be able to tour a couple of places in Italy. Trying to go to another country means a good part of another 2 days used traveling, leaving you with only 5 days for sightseeing.

If you want to see Paris and Switzerland, you should fly into one of those places and out of the other, or you need more time if you are flying into Rome.
Old Dec 1st, 2016, 02:37 PM

I assume you're flying home from Paris. I wouldn't have planned such a trip with just a week to spend, but it's probably too late to change your plans. Here's how you can make it work.

Spend two nights in Rome. On the third day, fly to Zurich, and take a train directly to Bern. Spend two nights there before returning to Zurich for a flight to Paris. There are various excursions into the mountains you could take from Bern, depending on the weather. You don't have to ski if you go to a ski area. They usually have sleigh or sled activities that you could all do as a family. I know almost nothing about ski resorts, but someone else may be able to give you better advice for seeing snow on a very brief visit to Switzerland.

After Switzerland, you could fly from Zurich to Paris and spend two nights there. This plan includes six nights. It looks as though you actually have seven nights in Europe, so you could add a night to one of the locations.

You might even want to stay in Zurich, and make a day trip to the mountains from there. You could go by train to Chur from Zurich, for example. I know there's a ski resort in Chur, but I don't know how you get there from the station, and I don't know if they have any snow yet.

There are many possible problems with your Swiss adventure, and you might want to skip Switzerland and go straight to Paris. At that time of year, the days are very short, so to see any scenery, you have to start out early in the morning. There is no guarantee of seeing snow in most of the places that are easy to reach. Even in the mountains, if the weather is sunny for a long time, there might be very little snow. There is also a chance of bad weather, with low clouds or fog, that might prevent you from seeing very much scenery from a train or coach. And there could be actual heavy snowstorms, and your daughter might see more snow than she'd ever want to see. At least there are some other things to see and do in Bern (or Zurich), if the weather is not cooperating.

It will probably be quite cold in Switzerland and Paris, so make sure you have warm clothing. You can buy some things, such as warm hats, scarves, and gloves, at street markets in Rome without spending much money. You should have good lined waterproof jackets and some heavy sweaters to wear under them.
Old Dec 1st, 2016, 06:06 PM

You have very limited time and it seems like you are stuck flying into Rome Are you also flying back out of Rome or out of Paris or ????

If possible I would just do Rome and Switz so you have a little while to see each of the places.

I would take the train from Rome to Lucerne which is a pretty tourist town and has easy access to a couple of the local mountains so you D can experience snow (in case there isn;t any in the lowlands - no guarantee you know except for mountaintops).

Trying to extend the trip to Paris will just mean more time spend in transit and much less seen/done in each city.
Old Dec 2nd, 2016, 01:13 AM
Original Poster

Appreciated all the four reply..i will think of all your decisions.and will be back if need help..

thanks again