Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Please complain about lax airline safety, like Alitalia's, to FAA-here's address

Search

Please complain about lax airline safety, like Alitalia's, to FAA-here's address

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13th, 2002, 06:01 PM
loisp

Having been concerned about recent reports of flight attendants and passengers smoking on Alitalia flights (totally against int'l law), baggage piled at exit doors, milling in aisles with no concern by the flight attendants, I contacted the FAA. Found out the right thing to do when you've experienced conditions that could prove unsafe (and were definitely unpleasant) is to complain to the FAA (email contact: [email protected]). You will be doing yourself and passengers who come later an enormous service - especially me since I'm supposed to fly Alitalia this fall!<BR><BR><BR>

Old Apr 14th, 2002, 09:56 AM
anon

What has the FAA got to do with Alitalia? Smoking on planes is not against "international law." I don't think milling in aisles is either. Not sure about "baggage piled at exit doors"--pretty sure the intergalactic conventions of 2113 outlaw that...Get a clue!

Old Apr 14th, 2002, 03:14 PM
devil

give it a rest. we do not have the need or the ambition to fight your battles. you will be a better traveler and much less annoying to others if you relax and stop looking for evry fault you can find. if you cannot overlook some things you consider frustrating then maybe its best if you give up traveling

Old Apr 14th, 2002, 06:49 PM
jenna

I wonder if this poster would be as "concerned" for her security if a guy wearing a turban and cleaning his nails with a box-cutter was seated next to her! LOL!!! I guess as long as he didn't smoke it would be ok to her!

Old Apr 14th, 2002, 07:36 PM
faa

I thought FAA was an an American outfit. Why would they even want to know about Alitalia flights between Rome and Tunisia.