Our family of four (ages 50s and 20s) will be travelling to Europe for the first time this year from Australia. This is our itinerary so far:
London: 4 nights (15-19 May)
Paris: 5 nights (19-24 May)
Amalfi Coast: 7 nights (24-31 May)
Rome: 4 nights (31 May - 4 June)
Florence: 5 nights (4-9 June)
Wengen: 13 nights (9-22 June)
Lucerne: 2 nights (22-24 June)
?????? 4-6 nights
We have booked accommodation for parts of our trip, however these are all still flexible, so feel free to make any comments or suggestions.
My main issue is that we still have 4-6 spare nights after Lucerne (although we can still fit them anywhere), and we are having much trouble deciding where we should spend them (possibly in 2 places?).
Ideas include: Black Forest in Germany, Hallstatt in Austria, French Riviera, Zermatt in Switzerland, Vienna any others? We are afraid that anywhere after Switzerland will simply pale in comparison to the sheer beauty of Switzerland!
Feel free to make any comments about our itinerary.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 2 week May trip with kids
- 2 US dairy vs European Dairy
- 3 Can only visit one (maybe two) cities. Which one?
- 4 Paris November 2017
- 5 Room in Boppard with a Rhine view
- 6 Arezzo - how much time?
- 7 Is a quick stopover in Bern worth it with 3 kids?
- 8 New Years in France
- 9 Easter Week in Italy
- 10 8 day flexi Swiss pass
- 11 hotel reservations in Switzerland in June?
- 12 5 nights in Spain, need help!
- 13 First time italy, 12 nights. What to do
- 14 10 Days in May: Switzerland Itinerary Help
- 15 Which Aran Island??
- 16 Spain or Portugal
- 17 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 18 Winter ... UK Finland Sweden. (Live...ish)
- 19 First Time To Europe Itinerary. Thoughts? Suggestions? Please
- 20 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 21 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 22 9 day trip to France
- 23 Help with Country House Hotel Christmas 2018
- 24 15 days honeymoon trip to Europe in February end and March
- 25 Planning a Trip from DC to Anywhere in Europe (Budget Friendly)