perhaps you can help me for my first trip to Europe this coming month of June.
i have read and looked for some information on a few different website for the train. however, to be honest with you i got very confused and not so sure which one is the best one for my route below (get the passes / direct ticket purchase at the station / any other method?):
1. Day train Berlin - Prague.
2. Day train Prague - Vienna
3. Day train Lucerne - Milan (Intercity Trains)
4. Train transport in Italy after a few days stay at each town (Milan - Venice - Florence - Rome)
I heard the above train trip no. 1, 2 & 3 offers a very scenic view, especially the Intercity Train for Lucern - Milan route. What is the earliest departure time for these trains?
I was thinking to take the sleeper (night) train for Amsterdam - Berlin, but then I learned that the schedule will take me to arrive in Berlin at around 4am and there is no later scheduled train (example: 11pm depart, arrive at approx 7am, etc..) . Is this correct? would it be better for me to take the plane instead?
For the route of Stockholm - Amsterdam and Viena - Zurich, I will take the plane.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 GTG Paris December 2017
- 2 Family vacation
- 3 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 4 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 5 May Germany, Switzerland, and Iceland
- 6 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia
- 7 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 8 Christmas in South of Spain 2018
- 9 Spain December/ January 2018/19
- 10 Tips for first trip to UK
- 11 which language school in Italy?
- 12 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 13 Driving
- 14 Dubrovnik
- 15 European Christmas Markets Itinerary
- 16 3 weeks driving the Netherlands
- 17 Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence
- 18 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 19 Christmas Markets 2017
- 20 How many miles is a good 'walking tour'?
- 21 Budget trip
- 22 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 23 Adventureseeker returns to Italy! As glorious and detailed as before!
- 24 Algarve Town Selection
- 25 paris to london- day trip