I am starting to work out a rough itinerary for our 6 nights in Paris at end of June.
We are staying in an apartment on Ile St Louis. We are keen to do lots of walking and exploring and obviously the main sights. Less museums. We saw quite a few museums when we visited Italy 2 years ago and the days the kids remember most are the days we actually did things and visited sights, not so much museums. Kids ages now are 15,12 and 10.
Here are my initial plans:
Thursday - arrive afternoon. Just explore local area.
Friday - Ile de la Cite, Notre Dame, St Chapelle, Seine boat tour and walking along the Seine, sticking close the the islands.
Saturday - Walking around Latin Quarter, visiting Jardin du Luxembourg, Pantheon and perhaps going into St Germain and visiting St Sulpice. Use Metro and visit Rodin museum.
Sunday - Montmarte in morning. Canal St Martin in afternoon. Maybe do a boat tour and let the kids see what the locks are all about
Monday - Start off in Jardin De Tuileries, visit Musee de l Orangerie, Place de la Concorde, Champs Elysees and Arc de Triomphe
Tuesday - Eiffel Tower, Champ de Mars, maybe Trocadero and walk around Hotel des Invalides area.
We leave the next day. Now there is stacks I haven't put in. The Louvre, Bastille, Marais area etc.
What would you add, subtract to my initial plans. Would love your thoughts and advice
please. I am using the Michelin green guide for the walking tours along the Seine and through Latin Quarter etc. Thanks so much.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 2 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 3 Headed to Madrid in the Spring
- 4 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler
- 5 Paris November 2017
- 6 UK Mid- May drive week Cornwall
- 7 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 8 Connecting trains in Chambery
- 9 Copying a post on Swiss gondolas.
- 10 Ravenna and Mexico City...who knew?
- 11 Christmas day lunch in prague
- 12 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann 2017
- 13 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 14 Lorie Valley and Beyond
- 15 Transportation in Brittany
- 16 Where to Visit in Normandy & Brittany
- 17 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 18 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 19 Trains - website?
- 20 A Merry marvelousmouse, and (likely more than one) cup of good cheer!
- 21 First time in Normandy & Brittany
- 22 Trenitalia - lost and found
- 23 Where to stay for Mont Saint-Michel
- 24 Lost property at Fiumicino airport Rome
- 25 HOW MUCH SHOULD I TIP THE PILOT