Hi fodors mates,
Thank you for willing to click into this topic to help me to review my itinerary.
I am going to bring my family to visit a few cities in Italy and France but i haven't made the final decision on the cities to visit.
As a start, we will reach Bologna on 13/8/2013 and will leave from Paris to Dublin on 25/8/2013 but the itinerary between the two cities are still empty.
This is my rough plan:
Bologna: 3 nights (13th-15th) - trying out the local food and visit around
Verona: 3 nights (16th-18th) - a day trip to Venice and/ or another village around. (I think it might be cheaper to stay in Verona and day trip to Venice)
Milan: 3 nights (19th-21st) - shopping a day in the outlet and visit the city
Paris: 3 nights (22nd-24th) - try out the French food and visit the city
I listed those cities as i am not familiar with the locals and I thought it might be more convenient and cheaper (maybe) in overall to stay there. I wish i could visit Rome but it was way too South and i'm afraid the journey will be too tiring for my parents
I planned to travel inter-cities with trains in Italy and fly to Paris from Milan. We are planning to spend 20-30 euros per night for accommodation though some very cheap hostels are available but i hope my parents will not have to squeeze with too much people in a hostel.
Could you please advise me on whether the plan is feasible and if there is any way to cut down the budget as we are travelling in a family of 4 people.
I am very grateful for your positive feedback and advice and i wish you will have a wonderful summer too
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 AOL 1800:681:7208 password reset contact Tec*h supp0rt 24/7vs
- 2 Wierd Europe map
- 3 HOW MUCH SHOULD I TIP THE PILOT
- 4 First time in Normandy & Brittany
- 5 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 6 Ham tacos and the toilet isn't sucking mud
- 7 Transportation in Brittany
- 8 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 9 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 10 Lorie Valley and Beyond
- 11 Paris Apartment
- 12 Chinese new year festivities in Paris
- 13 Milan airport--which one
- 14 Which Area in London?
- 15 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 16 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 17 Visit to France
- 18 Headed to Madrid in the Spring
- 19 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 20 Where to Visit in Normandy & Brittany
- 21 family trip to Germany and more
- 22 Trains - website?
- 23 Barcelona to Malaga
- 24 UK Mid- May drive week Cornwall
- 25 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
Hi fodors mates,