I am planning a trip in early 2012 for Prague and Kosice. I have never visited either city. My great grandparents came to the United States from Kosice in 1890. This is going to be a very exciting trip for me.
My plan, right now, is to fly in to Prague and spend a total of 8 days or so in Europe. I know from reading the threads here that there is a train that takes one from Prague to Kosice that is about 9 hours long. My thought is to spend one whole day and spend overnight in Kosice, before taking the train back to Prague.
I know, for sure, the one thing I want to do is eat a great meal at Golem. Being a beer lover, this is a must for me. It also appears that the town of Kosice is very central and most if not all of the great city sights can be found on foot.
I was wondering if anyone could make recommendations for other things to see or do. I will also need recommendations for an inexpensive place to stay in Kosice during this overnight visit. I am not expecting anyone to be able to speak English, so I will be working on some Czech/Slovak in the mean time.
Any insight or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you very much,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Which Area in London?
- 2 Lorie Valley and Beyond
- 3 Milan airport--which one
- 4 Trains - website?
- 5 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 6 two days in Nice
- 7 Visit to France
- 8 Where to Visit in Normandy & Brittany
- 9 St, Goar or Bacharach
- 10 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 11 How to go up Schafberg Mountain when railway is closed
- 12 Barcelona to Malaga
- 13 Ireland, public trans and my bicycle.
- 14 First time in Spain
- 15 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 16 Paris Apartment
- 17 New fast track
- 18 Packing Champagne
- 19 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 20 Can only visit one (maybe two) cities. Which one?
- 21 Itinerary Help, Please!!!
- 22 Once upon a time in Italy
- 23 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 24 Private Driver in Malaga Spain
- 25 Christmas in Granada....food!