Planning trip to Loire Valley

Old Mar 16th, 2002, 03:04 PM
Will

Planning trip to Loire Valley

We are planning to spend 4 or 5 days travelling in the Loire ,driving a hire car. Can anyone recommend B+B or small hotels that are not too expensive and centrally located, like Tours. We will have a car so a farmhouse or village would be good. Gay friendly would be good too.
Thanks guys, great message board

Old Mar 16th, 2002, 07:59 PM

bringing your message back up to the top

Old Mar 17th, 2002, 03:19 AM
xxx

Hotel St. Michel at Chambord

Old Mar 17th, 2002, 08:19 AM
John H

Hi, Will,

Not sure what "not too expensive" means -- clarifying that in dollar or euro terms may get you more responses.I heartily recommend Le Manoir les Minimes in Amboise:

Le Manoir Les Minimes
34, Quai Charles Guinot
37400 Amboise France
Tel: 02.47.30.40.40
Fax: 02.47.30.40.77
Breakfast: 58FF
Enclosed parking
http://www.amboise.com/les-minimes/

They have a range of rooms from $80-$120, with some suites as well. The deluxe/superior rooms were fantastic.

Amboise is a great location for a Loire Valley base, and is a very nice town to walk in. This hotel, a converted mansion, is within a 5-10 minute walk of town and is highly convenient.

Hope this helps. Have a great trip.

John H

Old Mar 17th, 2002, 10:48 AM
Diane

My husband and I will be in the Loire Valley this May and we're staying at what's described as a "country house" just on outside of Amboise. It's called Le Fleuray and the price is approximately $91. I've never stayed there before, but found out about it at www.France.com. It got rave reviews on this website (France.com, not Fodors) from others who have been there. I also booked the rooms using this site.