taxis in Florence

Old Oct 1st, 2018, 01:06 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
taxis in Florence

I am arriving late at nite alone in Florence at the train station. I would like to stay in the Santa Maria Novella area, but I want my own bathroom and and would like an elevator So, the only places that I can find in my budget is out of the city center. my question is, how easy is it to get a taxi in the evening at the train station and does ZTL apply to taxisalso? Thanks in advance.
Old Oct 1st, 2018, 01:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes taxis run from SMN thru ZTL zone and there is a taxi queue just in front of station. Posts on Trip Advisor say even late at night there are always taxis at the station.
Old Oct 1st, 2018, 01:33 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Would you mind revealing your budget and the dates of your visit? It's possible that someone here may know of a place in the city center that would work for you. If by "out of the city center" you mean just the other side of the Arno, then you may just want to stay in the place you found. But choices are nice.

Taxis are not restricted by the ZTL, and depending on the day and time of your arrival the ZTL for all but the smallest "A" zone may not be in effect. ZTL hours are not 24/7 and are different summer v. the rest of the year.

AFAIK, taxis are available at the S.M. Novella train station late in the evening (as trains are still arriving), but you should have the phone numbers for a couple of companies just in case.