Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Planning first trip to Northern Italy. What month would you suggest for nice weather?

Planning first trip to Northern Italy. What month would you suggest for nice weather?

Old Nov 20th, 2000, 05:26 PM
toni

We just started planning our first trip to Northern Italy and have no idea as to what time of the year would be best. We would (obviously) like to avoid the rainy season and hot humid weather. Thanks in advance for your input.

Old Nov 21st, 2000, 05:56 AM
BOB THE NAVIGATOR

Toni, The best months are May and Oct.
Sep is OK but has become real high season in Italy. June is great weather
but too crowded. I like after May 15
for a 2 week sojourn. Contact me if you need specific ideas---that is my favorite region in Europe. If you plan to drive, and that is usually best, then
consider starting your trip in Munich to
save a bundle on car rental prices.

Old Nov 21st, 2000, 06:10 AM
howard

I'd recommend late September/early October. We had perfect weather there this year at that time. As October moves along, the wet weather arrives.

Old Nov 21st, 2000, 09:11 AM
Carol

I prefer the last weeks of May because the sun rises earlier and sets later, thus giving you even more time to enjoy bell' italia.

Old Nov 24th, 2000, 10:26 AM
stephen

early-mid november, great weather, low tourists, new olive oil, and bianco tartufo. white truffles!!!