Dear All -
I would appreciate some input regading a charming, small town/village to base ourselves for a week's stay in the Cotswolds. In a perfect World, this town/village would have some shops, tea rooms and/or pubs within a walking distance, and it would not be too complex to drive out of or return to from day trips. If anyone has specific recommendations for places to stay, this will also be greatly appreciated.
Another question - assuming we arrive in London and either spend five days in London first or at the end of our trip, what would be a good place to train to/from London to pick up a rental car and on to the Cotswolds?
Finally, there are dozens of relevant guide books on Amazon about this region. Do any of them stand out in one's mind as particularly helpful?
Thank you for your assistance,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 YAHOO $ 1888:260:2909 Passwords Reset Contact YAHOO Tec*h ak47baba
- 2 Planning my trip
- 3 Tips for first trip to UK
- 4 Black Friday in Britain? Why?
- 5 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 6 Hiking - Suggest a location
- 7 Devon and Dorset: Where to Base?
- 8 Where to buy Saffron?
- 9 land vs river cruise
- 10 Malaga Christmas lights
- 11 Help with suggestions for Portugal 2 week trip
- 12 Portugal
- 13 Paris November 2017
- 14 Scotland ideas
- 15 Anyone ever used a resort for a day in Santorini??
- 16 What To Do in Athens on a Sunday
- 17 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 18 paris to london- day trip
- 19 Planning a Poland itinerary
- 20 The World's Greatest Churches
- 21 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 22 U.K. Website & 1-Way Flight Booking Questions
- 23 10 days in Cologne Munich Switzerland
- 24 Germany, Switzerland and Paris with teens
- 25 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
Planning a week in Cotswolds and London at the end of September.
Dear All -