Go Back  Fodor's Forum > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page > Planning a trip to Madrid and Granada
Notices

Planning a trip to Madrid and Granada

Jul 1st, 2016, 03:55 PM
Original Poster

Planning a trip to Madrid and Granada

My husband and I want to travel to Spain to visit Madrid and Granada in late October/early November. We're going to Madrid for the art museums and Granada for The Alhambra. I'm wondering how we should plan our flights. Should we fly to Madrid, stay there a few days and then fly to Granada from there. And then I guess fly back to Madrid for the trip home. Anyone have any ideas on how to handle transportation for this trip? Thanks!
Jul 1st, 2016, 05:07 PM
kja

For your transportation options, consult rome2rio.com

If you have to fly into and out of Madrid, consider putting ALL of your time in Madrid at the end of your trip.

Be sure to reserve your tickets for the Alhambra well in advance. FWIW, I strongly recommend visiting for as long as you can during the day, and then visiting the Nasrid Palace again in the evening -- two separate tickets.

Enjoy!
Jul 2nd, 2016, 11:08 AM
Original Poster

Thanks so much! Now we're considering driving from Madrid to Granada for some sightseeing along the way. So, the next question is, where to rent a car in Madrid to make it as easy as possible to get in and out of Madrid. Maybe this is a new topic!
Jul 2nd, 2016, 04:31 PM
kja

Well, many of us would not describe the scenery from Madrid to Granada all that interesting, and since you have a very easy and convenient alternative (the bus) and VERY little time to combine two of Spain's gems, you might want to rethink. Too, if there is ANY chance that you will have jet lag, then renting a car immediately upon your arrival in Madrid is not a very good idea -- although many people don't know it, there is mounting evidence that driving with jet lag (even if you aren't aware of the symptoms) is just as dangerous, for yourselves and others, as driving drunk. Just something to consider....

Search this Thread