My husband has a business trip (fortunately a lot more relaxation than business) coming up in Switzerland. I have never been out of the country before so I don't really know how to start planning the trip. I feel very overwhelmed - but very fortunate that I found this website and have really enjoyed reading all of the helpful tips.
Here is what I know so far: We will be flying into Geneva and will be staying four nights in Montreux (August 20-24). I was then thinking we would stay 2 nights in Wengen (August 24-26) and return to either Geneva or Zurich on the 26th and fly home on the 27th. Our travel dates are still flexible because we haven't yet purchased plane tickets.
I would greatly appreciate any input that you might have. I am specifically, trying to find things to do around Montreux, if Wengen is a good choice or if there is someplace else that would be better, and if it would be better to fly home out of Geneva or Zurich.
Thank you so much in advance for any suggestions you can give me!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Winter ... UK Finland Sweden. (Live...ish)
- 2 First time italy, 12 nights. What to do
- 3 London: Stunning New American Embassy
- 4 Getting to FCO from Rome
- 5 Drive from Paris to Mont St Michael
- 6 Order of Amalfi visit in October
- 7 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 8 10 Days in May: Switzerland Itinerary Help
- 9 Italy: Hotels on the Amalfi Coast; Orvieto; Perugia; Florence; and Siena
- 10 Easter Week in Italy
- 11 Moscow Hotels
- 12 Rome Hotel
- 13 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 14 Getting around Lisbon
- 15 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 16 Greece -- Alternative to Athens
- 17 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 18 1st Birthday Party in Italy questions
- 19 Trains - website?
- 20 Spain.... 2.5 Weeks... Need Help!
- 21 Paris November 2017
- 22 X-mas Eve dinner in Rome
- 23 Spain in 2018
- 24 Can only visit one (maybe two) cities. Which one?
- 25 Planning a Trip from DC to Anywhere in Europe (Budget Friendly)