I am traveling with my father to Rome on Sept. 21. Rome to Florence, Sept. 24; Florence to Milan, Sept. 27; Milan to Interlaken Switzerland, Sept. 29. I assume these trips are best done by train. So my question is, should I get a rail pass or buy individual tickets, and through which company? Would it be better to fly in any of these cases? We are then going from Interlaken to Paris on Oct. 2. Is this better by train or plane? Our time is limited so I think it might be better by plane if there are any airports in Interlaken. Then we are flying from Paris to Naples (this flight is already booked). We aren't staying in Naples but going on to Pompei. I figure there's a train or bus we can take to Pompei. We'll be there for several days and hope to go out to Capri for a day. Then we are traveling back to Rome (plane or train?) to stay overnight so we can fly back home first thing in the morning on Oct. 11. If there is any advice out there I'd really appreciate it.
We would like to find an option that is economical but fast.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 BELKIN ROUTER Installation Contact 1800:681:7208 BELKIN Tec*h sup0rt care
- 2 Once upon a time in Italy
- 3 2 week May trip with kids
- 4 15 days honeymoon trip to Europe in February end and March
- 5 9 day trip to France
- 6 Which Aran Island??
- 7 Sleep at Heathrow
- 8 Keukenhaf
- 9 Serious fire at Cameron House Hotel, Loch Lomond
- 10 Waze Navigation in Iteland? Or other?
- 11 First time in Spain - family of 2 adults & one child(10 yr old)
- 12 Netherlands, Brussels and possibly Luxembourg
- 13 CULINARY EXPLORING IN MADRID, SEVILLA, GAUCIN AND MALAGA
- 14 Help with Country House Hotel Christmas 2018
- 15 8 day flexi Swiss pass
- 16 Annecy or Talloires or other?
- 17 Rail vs. Plane
- 18 Arezzo - how much time?
- 19 European Christmas Markets Itinerary
- 20 Where to See Flamenco
- 21 Netherlands- Texel
- 22 ICELAND : EAST & NORTH
- 23 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 24 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 25 Cotswold - great food & ambience for lunch!