Places To Visit In London

Aug 11th, 2002, 09:48 PM
Susan

Places To Visit In London

Hi

I am hoping that someone could help me with their favourite places to see while in London. Ill be in London for 31/2 weeks and a tour through Europe for another 2 weeks and am now trying to make up an itinerary Ill be going in November and December. I was also just wondering if you have any travel tips as this is my first trip over and a bit worried about the cold, jet lag getting around etc!!!!

Thanks

Aug 11th, 2002, 09:56 PM
elvira

okey dokey, I'm assuming you know about St Paul's and the Tower of London, so you're looking for off the radar places?

Ye Olde Cheshire Cheese, Dennis Severs' house, the British Library, Bletchley Park, the Old Bailey, Bermondsley market, crossing Waterloo bridge from the south bank, Richmond Park, paddle boating in Hyde Park.

Aug 11th, 2002, 10:53 PM
Marilyn

Susan -- See if you can pull up a recent thread called "100 Best Things to Do in London" or something like that. That should get you started. I'll top it if I find it.

Aug 12th, 2002, 05:55 PM
nancy

If you'd like I can send you my trip report on London in which I spent one week (the whole trip was 3 more weeks in England). I also went back the same year for 2 weeks by myself just in London which I can comment on but didn't put into a trip report - did more extra stuff when you have more time. 3 1/2 weeks is great because there's so much to see plus a lot of time ot take daytrips out of London.

Aug 12th, 2002, 08:22 PM
Sylvia

Some of my favorite places in London are Abbey Road (take a felt tip pen to write on the wall), Parliament Hill ( although it could be cold in the winter), South Bank/Globe/Southwark area, and watching the buskers in Covent Garden. Next time I'm in town, I want to see the Treasures at the British Library. Don't forget all the fun shopping in Oxford Street and Harrod's! And you'll definitely have a chance to do a lot of theatre.