Places to stay in Nice

Old Jul 15th, 2002, 04:50 AM
Tracy

Places to stay in Nice

I will be in Nice in September and I am looking for some suggestions on places to stay, any ideas?

Thanks

Old Jul 15th, 2002, 07:03 AM
Lucie

Hello Tracy,
There is lots of great Hotels in Nice, but I suggest you try to find an Hotel that will offer you a private beach.. that way, you'll be able to have your own beach/lawn chair, towels etc etc.
We stayed at the Rosevelt Inn by Comfort Inn, was a very good location, aprox 10 minutes walk to the beach, but next time, we'll get an hotel on the Promenade with private beach..
Enjoy Nice !

Old Jul 15th, 2002, 07:22 AM
Sonia

I stayed at the Roosevelt Comfort Hotel too, back in April. It's reasonably priced, close to beach and perfectly comfortable. Depends on how much money you would like to spend I guess...?

Old Jul 15th, 2002, 07:23 AM
Sonia

I stayed at the Roosevelt Comfort Hotel too, back in April. It's reasonably priced, close to beach and perfectly comfortable. Depends on how much money you would like to spend I guess...?

Old Jul 15th, 2002, 07:30 AM
Book Chick

Hi Tracy,
I can recommend a couple of places to you, in a great location on Promenade des Anglais, and very reasonably priced.

The Hotel Flots d'Azur at 101 promenade des Anglais has a web site, www.flotsdazur.com you might want to check out.

The Hotel Eden is right next door to it. Their telephone is 049.3865370.

The Flots d'Azur has a private area on the beach. I'm uncertain about the Hotel Eden.

Bon Voyage,
BC

Old Jul 15th, 2002, 11:26 AM
jjj

The Windsor and Gounod are both nice.

You don't have to stay at a hotel with a private beach. Anyone can go to the private beach for a fee, in fact we didn't like the private beach sponsored by our hotel so we went to the Lido Plage instead.

The discount our hotel gave us for going to their beach was only a couple of bucks, and we had to pay for the whole day. We wanted half days so in the morn we could tour the city and relax a few afternoons.

Plus the Lido has great food, great looking waiters, and a cool deck.