Places to Stay in Manarola

Old Apr 14th, 2004, 02:17 PM
Mic
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Places to Stay in Manarola

Any suggestions? Private bathroom is a must. Thanks!
Old Apr 14th, 2004, 02:34 PM

There are plenty of places to stay in Manarola. Check out www.cinqueterre.it, then click on Manarola (top bar) then you will see Hotel and room listings in the far right column.

A lot of friends of mine have stayed in the 'Marina Piccola' and have liked it. Also, 'Da Baranin' is a nice B&B (with bathrooms!) that you might like as well.
Old Apr 14th, 2004, 03:45 PM

Mic - I have stayed at Da Baranin. It is a very nice B&B, like a studio apartment with a little kitchen and good size bathroom. It's at the very top of the hill, so be forewarned about the climb up, but it was so worth it. The view was spectacular! Prices were very reasonable. The young couple that own it are so nice and speak very good english.
Old Apr 14th, 2004, 07:08 PM

Mic,
I just hope that you are young and have strong legs..The B&B is on top the hill, great view but is a Murder walking up..
I stayed in Manarola last July..Great place, I rented an apt. for a week, luckily it was situated in the lower part of the village,close to the marina.

I must say that after a weekthe hill,I developed nice strong legs, just by climbing, walking the Hills of CT.

You are going to love Manarola ..
Ciao,

Old Apr 15th, 2004, 04:34 AM

Casa Capellini - the top floor is a 1 bedroom apartment with a terrace overlooking a fantastic view. I believe they also have 2 other rooms each with separate bathrooms. Franca and Gianni are the owners - she speaks a little English and is very nice. Prices are reasonable too.
Old Apr 15th, 2004, 07:44 AM

We were there in the fall and stayed at Barinin. Very nice folks and the rooms, although small compared to US stds, were great with a nice breakfast. Do not miss dinner at da Billy. Four table tops and wonderful, authentic regional food. One of my favorite meals in italy, and one of the cheapest.
Old Apr 15th, 2004, 09:43 AM

We also stayed at Baranin in one of their rooms a short way off from the main building. Large room with a wonderful view. The walk up from the train station was tough, but it got us ready for the trail hike between villages. Be sure to order the acciugha while you're in Cinque Terre. -Enjoy!