places to stay in bruges

Search

places to stay in bruges

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6th, 2009, 12:58 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
places to stay in bruges

We are looking for a place to say in Bruges in February for 2 nights. Any recomendations. We are two couples traveling together
Old Dec 6th, 2009, 01:18 PM

We really enjoyed our time in Sint Niklaas B and B:

http://www.sintnik.be/

It is in an excellent location - less than 5 minutes to the Markt and the two rooms we were in both had views of the tower which is lit up at night.

The stairs are steep - but an excellent way to wear off all that delicious hot chocolate and fries - which of course you will need to consume to keep warm.

The street is very quiet, the rooms were spotless and beautiful and comfortable, and the host - Anne - is warm and helpful but never intrudes. She was able to recommend excellent places to eat, shops, walks and from other reviews on Trip Advisor it seems she will also arrange day trips.

There is a beautiful, warm and welcoming lounge and breakfast room where we enjoyed a glass of wine by the fireplace at the end of the day - mmm!

We would go back without hesitating!
Old Dec 6th, 2009, 01:21 PM

http://www.fodors.com/community/euro...ge-lodging.cfm
Old Dec 6th, 2009, 06:44 PM

We have enjoyed the Egmond Hotel twice, and have sent several friends and relatives to it..beautiful setting...buffet breakfasts...parking on grounds...near the RR Station and in the Minnewater...beautiful location...

http://www.egmond.be/uk/

stu tower
Old Dec 6th, 2009, 10:56 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
We have stayed in Brugge twice, it's a lovely place with an abundance of really good B&Bs and guesthouses. We highly recommend De Triptiek -

http://users.skynet.be/fb974761/

It has friendly, helpful owners, lovely rooms with a nice garden to look out onto when you are having breakfast. We stayed in the smallest (cheapest) room and I was amazed at how spacious it was, with a lovely big bathroom as well. It's easily walkable to everything in town plus the train station. We'd go back in a flash.

You can also look on www.tripadvisor.com

Kay
Old Dec 16th, 2009, 07:21 AM

We really enjoyed Oud Huis de Peelaert http://www.depeellaert.com/. It is a very central location--seconds from the Burg---and the employees were fantastic. We would stay there again in a heartbeat.
Old Dec 16th, 2009, 08:07 AM

I actually quite liked the Crowne Plaza. Excellent, excellent location.
Old Dec 17th, 2009, 11:27 AM

Another recommendation for another B & B in Bruges. I arranged everything via email and Mary Rose was wonderful. Their house is really cool! Her husband is an architect who redesigned the entire thing, and he showed us pictures of the old house over breakfast, which was also elaborate and great. Enjoy Bruges!

Bed and Breakfast Bruges
Lange Raamstraat 18 8000 Brugge
Tel.: +32 (0)50 34 76 06
[email protected]
www.bedandbreakfastbruges.com
Old Dec 17th, 2009, 11:34 AM

I second Sint Niklaas B&B, just a 2-minute walk from the Grote Markt.

Anne is a darling, and the place is on a very quiet street, convenient to all the places a first-time visitor would want to see.

We had the Belfort room, which is a two-level room, with the bedroom on the topmost floor.(You can see the Belfry from the window). The other two rooms, which I saw, are also spotlessly clean and cosy. Breakfast was very nice.
Old Dec 17th, 2009, 11:47 AM

We too enjoyed our stay at B&B Bruges. It was easy to get to from the train station via public transit (bus). On the way out of town, we had an early train and they arranged an early breakfast for us and even were about to drive us to the station when the cab showed up!

It is about a 10 minute walk from the Belfry, on a nice residential street, bedroom was simple/ ikea style but nice, bathroom very clean and large w/ deep tub and shower, finally- the breakfasts are delicious!!!!!

Definitely second kylie's recommendation- it is much cheaper than other B&Bs!
Old Dec 17th, 2009, 12:02 PM

I'd like to stay at the hotel where they had the gunfight in the movie!
Old Dec 17th, 2009, 12:53 PM

We will be staying at the Cote Canal in May. We haven't stayed there before, but it sounds wonderful. I would definitely suggest checking it out.