Places to stay

Old Jun 15th, 2018, 09:29 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Places to stay

can you all helpful souls pls suggest where should stay in Lucerne , Wengen, Montreux , Paris and Amsterdam . Our trip is coming up at the end of this month .
Old Jun 15th, 2018, 09:36 AM

If you are after accommodation then look for yourself on Booking.com
Refine the search by cost, facilitates, location and reviews. Download the app and do reservations on the go during your vacation.
Old Jun 15th, 2018, 12:11 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
What kind of price range? What kind of hotels? Below are 3 hotels I know personally, they are all lower budget choices but in great locations. I have no idea from your post what kind of place you are looking for!

Montreux / Helvetie: About - Hotel Helvetie

Amsterdam / Hotel Kap: ** BUDGET HOTEL KAP CITY CENTRE, AMSTERDAM **

Paris / Hotel du Levant: 3 stars hotel paris 5th district - hotel du Levant 75005
Old Jun 15th, 2018, 10:26 PM

Hi itally2011,

You may have some major problems getting hotels at such short notice... at least in Montreux. There is a famous jazz festival (Montreux Jazz) that takes place this year from 29 June - 14 July. I'm betting that the best hotels as well as the best deals are long gone. If there are any vacancies at all left (such as on booking.com mentioned above), you should just take it.

Have fun as you plan!

s
Old Jun 16th, 2018, 08:49 AM

Oh dear! I didn't realize these dates are during the Montreux Jazz Festival! Things book up in Montreux a year in advance for that time (I have a friend who lives there).

If you really don't have a hotel reservation yet, and your dates fall within that time frame, I think you need to pick a different town to stay in than Montreux. Maybe change your location to Vevey or Lausanne, even Geneva proper, to be able to find something. Or change around the order of where you are going, if nothing's nailed down yet, to avoid those weeks in Lac Leman area.
Old Jun 17th, 2018, 07:26 AM

itally2011~ i hope you are seeing this about the Montreux Jazz Festival. That's really important information to your plans. You do not want to be coming into the area at this time without a hotel reservation in place in advance, that's for sure!
Old Jun 19th, 2018, 06:56 PM

Hi Itally, OK in Amsterdam, you might like the Delphi Hotel, which is in a very nice neighborhood of Amsterdam, out of the hassle of downtown, and on a very pretty Boulevard. It is clean, a smaller hotel, has elevator, ask for A/C, and window on Boulevard IF they have any rooms left. YOu would have to be willing to ride the trolley that runs about 1/2 block close by to all over Amsterdam. About 5 minutes to Rijks Museum and Van Gogh Museum. This is not downtown, and you might want to be able to walk out your door to downtown, but it is a bit more reasonable hotel and very clean/nice with breakfast room, can get BF/half fare. Check asap, you are at the height of tourist season. i've stayed there about 4 times. Flower market is also quite interesting. Hotel can get you trolley tickets.
Old Jun 20th, 2018, 01:45 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Amsterdam;Hotel Brouwer is a real old sea captain's house converted into a tiny hotel with an even tinyer lift. The floors, the walls are all wood and lean everywhich way. Well positioned with lots of ethnic restaurants around.