Places to see / thing to do in Andalucia

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31st, 2012, 12:15 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We arrive to Seville on 23 of November (early morning) and leave on 29 of November (again early morning).
It´s sure that last 2 nights (from 27.11 to 29.11) we stay in Seville.
As we have then only 4 days (from 23.11-26.11) left, could you reccommend the best plan / most interesting places to stay?
Should we visit Malaga, Marbella, Tarifa, Cadiz etc.?
Old Oct 31st, 2012, 12:52 AM

Cordoba and Granada must rank higher than the four examples you give, with Seville that's your time up.
Old Oct 31st, 2012, 01:11 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ignore Tarifa and Marbella with such a short time. Malaga is a fantastic city with lots to offer and it's close enough to Granada to see the Alhambra.
Old Oct 31st, 2012, 01:43 AM

Córdoba, once the most advanced city in the western world and where you'll find the famous 10th century Mezquita, is 50 minutes away by the high speed AVE train. http://www.andalucia.com/cities/cordoba/mosque.htm

Granada with the beautiful Alhambra is also within reach, 2h 30 mins by bus/train: http://www.andalucia.com/cities/gran...hamhistory.htm

And as Rubicund says, seaside Málaga is a fantastic city. Genuine and laid-back Andalucian atmosphere, excellent cafés, restaurants and bars, and within 300 meters in the centre you'll find the newly excavated Roman theater, the 8-11th century Moorish Alcazaba, the 16th century "one-armed" Cathedral, Picasso's birth-place and the Picasso-museum. 2 hours with train from Sevilla. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/journalis...pleasures.html

But Sevilla is the queen of all the fabulous cities in Andalucía: http://www.exploreseville.com/

I can strongly recommend to see real deal flamenco at Casa de la Memória in the midst of the Santa Cruz district in Sevilla. Popular with tourists, but only top artists and a great intro to this art so important for Sevilla and Andalucía: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attractio...Andalucia.html
Old Oct 31st, 2012, 03:13 AM

With 6 days I would would base myself in Seville for the whole time and do one or two day trips, to Cordoba and Carmona. Seville will easily justify 4 or 5 days of your time.
Old Oct 31st, 2012, 04:29 AM

With 6 days, I suggest that you spend two in Granada - the Alhambra is not to be missed! Spend the other 4 in Sevilla with a day trip to Cordoba. While some of the other places you mention are worth a visit, you simply do not have the time on this trip.
Old Oct 31st, 2012, 05:49 AM
Original Poster

But which city do you recommend more if you have to choose between Cordoba and Granada?
Old Oct 31st, 2012, 07:08 AM

"With 6 days, I suggest that you spend two in Granada - the Alhambra is not to be missed! Spend the other 4 in Sevilla with a day trip to Cordoba."

I disagree with this, 3 days is not enough to fully enjoy, explore and relax in Seville. In 6 days I don't think you can comfortably see Granada and Seville.
Old Oct 31st, 2012, 07:10 AM

I agree with mamcalice - with only 6 nights I'd spend 4 nights on Sevilla and 2 in Granada. I wouldn't overnight in any more cities. You may be able to manage one daytrip from Sevilla - and for this I'd defiantly choose Cordoba.

There are so many other places to see but with such a limited time these 3 are all you'll have time to reasonably visit.
Old Nov 3rd, 2012, 10:14 PM

If you do go to Granada, there is a Parador at the Allhambra where you can spend the night. It was the absolute highlight of our trip to Andulucia. You can walk around the softly lit Alhambra grouds at night with virtually no one else around imagining what it must have been like in its heyday. Beautiful views of city lights far below. Just magical.
Old Nov 4th, 2012, 03:22 AM

If you have to choose between Granada and Cordoba, I would choose Granada. The Alhambra is marvelous. I suggest staying at least one night in Granada. As leslieq says, the Alhambra at night is exquisite.

And I agree with pgriffin that 3 days in Seville is not enought but if that is what you have to work with, enjoy your time there.
Old Nov 4th, 2012, 09:23 AM

Consider your preferred pace when travelling...are you a turtle or a hare? If you are a turtle, stay in Seville and daytrip to Cordoba. IF you want to pack in the big three, don't hesitate to also sprint to Granada. It is that memorable. But first, be sure at this late date that you can get tickets and hotel reservations near the Alhambra.

BTW, unless you are a world class hare, with six days you should probably forget about the coast.

--Annie