Place to stay in Rome

Old May 31st, 2001, 05:43 AM
Helen

Place to stay in Rome

My husband, two kids (ages 12 and 10) and I are planning to spend about two weeks in Rome this August. Can some one recommend a good, clean friendly hotel about US $150-250 range in convenient neighborhood close to shopping area?

Old May 31st, 2001, 07:10 AM
Rex

Albergo Cesari. I have stayed there personally, and there are abundant favorable reports from others here on this forum as well. Just search "cesari".

best wishes,

Rex

Old May 31st, 2001, 07:18 AM
m

we stayed at Santa Chiara in a quad/family suite in March (with same age kids). It was a 2 bedroom suite with 1 bathroom. It is right behind the Pantheon, a very convenient location also has a great breakfast buffet. The price is at the top of your range. We paid Lit 500.000.

Old May 31st, 2001, 07:19 AM
Carey

I have recommended it many times, but haven't heard if anyone else has stayed there:

www.casahoward.com

We stayed in the Chinese room, which was actually pretty small, but we were traveling with an unusually large amount of luggage. The white room is extremely large. For a couple of rooms, you have to walk down the hall for the restroom, but you do not share it with anyone else. It is more like a house, than a hotel. The staff is very nice. The location is perfect.....a couple blocks from the Spanish Steps (tons of shopping), very close to busses and train stops, and only 4 or 5 blocks from the Fountain Trevi. My husband and I stayed there for a week and loved it. It is within your price range as well. Carey

Old May 31st, 2001, 10:15 AM
Mary

Hi Helen,

If you're planning on staying in Rome for a week or more you may want to consider an apartment rental. I've done this twice and both times felt that we really got a better experience and much more for our money. On the other hand, I do know some people aren't thrilled with this idea. Anyway, just a suggestion

Mary