Reload this Page >

"Pizza & Piazzas"- good Italy book

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25th, 2002, 06:18 AM
ed w

Just finished some fun-reading adventures/memoirs, in prep for our upcoming trip.Book is now for-sale listed under 'used' at amazon.com Check it out!

Old Jul 25th, 2002, 06:33 AM
m

you can find it new at barnes & noble (bn.com). I just ordered it but haven't received it yet.

Old Jul 25th, 2002, 06:40 AM
roco

Well, lucky me!<BR>I read a prior post, and then assorted mentions elsewhere on this forum and ordered NEW from Amazon when they had two left last Friday! No tax--no shipping, and no Barnes and Noble. Can't wait for it to arrive (that may be the only drawback with Amazon.

Old Jul 25th, 2002, 06:49 AM
Brian in Atlanta

Ordered 3 from B&N.com a couple of weeks ago and they were about 4 dollars cheaper each than Amazon.com.

Old Jul 25th, 2002, 07:59 AM
m

Also B&N offers free shipping if you order 2 or more items.

Old Jul 25th, 2002, 10:12 AM
Julie

I rushed out and got B&N to order this for me and just can't say that I'm impressed. The "episodes" are not very instructive or amusing and much of the information is stuff you can pick up any day be reading this forum. Found the writing pretty minimal and the proofreading horrendous. There are glaring errors throughout that even a casual reading should have uncovered. After reading some of it (truthfully not interesting enough to keep me reading all of it) I concluded that I've read many travel reports on this site that held my interest much more and that many of us could be published if we just had the patience to put our stories together and shop them around a little. I think the title is reversed from the one ed's listed here--it's Piazzas and Pizza. Are there others who react as I do to this book?

Old Jul 25th, 2002, 10:51 AM
x

Julie, I havent read the book, but I did read the author's website and was not impressed. Very ordinary and not particularly funny or unique.

Old Jul 25th, 2002, 11:14 AM
mike

I read it and I have to agree with some of the previous comments. The book is an okay read, but not as great as some here would lead you to believe. To each his/her own I guess. I was amazed at the number of errors also. Buy it used if you want it.