Search

Pisa, Cinque Terre, Florence and Rome Help with Itinerary

Search this Thread

Old May 8th, 2011, 11:18 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pisa, Cinque Terre, Florence and Rome Help with Itinerary

Hi All

I need some help for our Italian part of our Europe trip in June 2011. We land in Pisa and have 10 full days to have a first look at Italy. Could you please have a look at the proposed itinerary and give me some feedback:
Day 1 (Wed) - land midday in Pisa, stay and have a look at Leaning Tower. Anything else to do? Go to Cinque Terre or stay in Pisa?
Day 2 (Thurs): Travel to CT
Day 3 (Fri): Travel to Florence (or spend another day in CT?)
Day 4 (Sat) Florence
Day 5 (Sun) Florence
Day 6 (Mon) Florence
Day 7 (Tues) Travel to Rome
Day 8 (Wed) Rome
Day 9 (Thurs) Rome
Day 10 (Fri) Rome
Day 11 (Sat) Travel to Greece AM

Do we go to Florence instead of CT and do a day trip to CT from there instead? In Florence would also like to spend a day at Siena/San Gimignano or Lucca?

Please assist.
Thanks
Old May 9th, 2011, 12:19 AM

Personally I would not hesitate to choose more of Florence instead of CT..... CT is for me a lovely place, but no more than tiny villages by the sea, with mountains behind, lovely but to really enjoy them I imagine one has to stay there for a while and walk a lot.There are trails /

Rome and Florence are fabulous destinations, time is never enough. Btw Pisa is much more than looking a the Tower, if that is all you wish to do, do not bother in going to Pisa.
At the end of the day it is a personal choice, it all depends of what are you going to do in CT.
Old May 9th, 2011, 01:57 AM
Original Poster

Graziella5b - thanks for your reply. What would you do in Florence and Rome - how would you fill/organise your time. If we stayed in Pisa what else is there to see?
Old May 9th, 2011, 02:20 AM

andtrev, you will get more advice if you put some effort into your itinerary and then come back here. Not many of us are inclined to plan your entire trip for you, especially when you write things like - how would you fill/organise your time. At least tell us your interests so that we can guide you in the right direction.
Old May 9th, 2011, 02:38 AM

This is a good list of things to do in Florence
http://www.fodors.com/community/euro...op-10-list.cfm

I think if you google Florence or Rome X days itinerary you will get some ideas of how to organize your time. I know Frommer's website has suggestions for Rome in Three Days in its Destinations section.
Old May 9th, 2011, 02:39 AM

I think it woudl make more sense to spend a couple nights in CT, rather than 1. Its an effort to get there, and the point is for the beautiful views and hiking - but as you have it you will only be able to spend a part of 2 days there. What if the weather is awful? Either drop it and reallocate the time, or add at least 2 nights there in my opinion.
Old May 9th, 2011, 04:46 AM

WIth 10 full days, spend 2 nights in CT, 3 in Florence and 5 in Rome. If you come back to the board with a little more information on what you like to do and why you have chosen this itinerary, perhaps we can be a little more helpful. Unless you like to hike, no need to spend time in CT. If you don't enjoy museums, less time in Florence, etc.
Old May 18th, 2011, 03:50 PM

Cinque Terre is lovely, and a good break from busy city travel.
Old May 18th, 2011, 05:34 PM

More time in CT--at least 1 full day without travel.

Florence isn't all that large. It doesn't take a whole lot of time to see the highlights. You've given it the same amount of time as Rome, which has much more to see/do.