Hello to All,
We will be arriving in Athens late afternoon October 3 but there is no ferry to Santorini until 7:00 am the next morning. I'm wondering should we stay overnight in the center of Athens or should we stay in Piraeus. Although I would love to stroll around the Plaka area the evening of our arrival, I'm not sure if it's a hassle to get to Piraeus so early the next morning. Also, how early should we arrive for the ferry and what is the most efficient way to get there (public transport or taxi)? We are a group of 6 so I think we would need two taxis which I'd rather not do.
Any suggestions for budget hotels in Piraeus with a nightly rate of no more than 85Euros? I guess if we do stay in Piraeus we can spend the first evening browsing around that area...please correct me if I'm wrong.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 2 The World's Greatest Churches
- 3 September in Venice, Croatia, and Slovenia
- 4 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 5 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 6 land vs river cruise
- 7 Germany, Switzerland and Paris with teens
- 8 Buying RER Ticket CDG-Paris
- 9 Italy Croatia Bosnia
- 10 Malaga Christmas lights
- 11 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 12 Trans Siberian Train
- 13 Tips for first trip to UK
- 14 Scotland ideas
- 15 Devon and Dorset: Where to Base?
- 16 London vacation rental agency
- 17 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!
- 18 South of France
- 19 Czech Republic & Germany in Eleven Days
- 20 Traveling to Ukraine with a travel guide
- 21 My France Vacation
- 22 Slovenia and Croatia in January (Solo)
- 23 Must See/Do/Eat in Vienna?
- 24 The 2017-18 Ashes thread - up now on the Aussie forum.
- 25 Itinerary for 4 days in Madrid
Hello to All,