Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Pictures of Portugal...your invitation to view

Old Apr 21st, 2001, 04:13 AM
Gloria

Hello,
Here is an invitation to view our Portugal pictures online. There are some nice shots of cabo de roca near Sintra.
I hope you enjoy them.
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/ViewP...p=45857265&f=0
Ciao!
G

Old Apr 21st, 2001, 04:44 AM
Gloria

I should have used this url, I think. It will give you smaller snapshots that you may enlarge if you like. http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumList?u=1459728
I hope you enjoy them.
Gloria

Old Apr 21st, 2001, 08:11 AM
Will

You've taken some great photos, Gloria. Thanks for sharing!

Old Apr 21st, 2001, 08:25 AM
Gloria

Thank you, Will. I appreciate your comment!
I would like to hear more about your trip you took a couple of months ago, Will. I read that you enjoyed it. I am so glad you did.
Regards,
Gloria

Old Apr 21st, 2001, 10:27 AM
Sue

Gloria, gorgeous photos! My husband and I have been thinking about making Portugal our next destination, and the recent posts from you and others has only whetted our appetite. Thanks.

Old Apr 21st, 2001, 10:30 AM
Sue

Sorry, that should be "have only whetted." Guess I should learn to speak English before I attempt Portuguese.

Old Apr 21st, 2001, 04:41 PM
Nan

Gloria,
Great pictures. I really enjoyed seeing them -- makes me even more anxious to go there! Thanks for sharing.

Old Apr 21st, 2001, 09:13 PM
scigirl

Great picture - thank you!

Old Apr 22nd, 2001, 01:15 AM
Kavey

Gloria

Your pics are great! How did you get such wonderful blue in your skies? Just a polarisation/ UV filter or any touch up in photoshop??

The sunset with the purple clouds is stunning and the "mosaic" style black and white paving reminds of all the streets in Funchal, Madeira (Portuguese).

Thankyou.

Old Apr 22nd, 2001, 03:11 AM
Rhonda

Goria,
Thanks for the effort of sharing your photos. What camera did you use? I mean, I don't know much about digital cameras, and your pictures are clear. How many pixels, or bits, or what resolution or whatever does your camera have? 'hope this isn't too personal.

Old Apr 22nd, 2001, 07:43 AM
Gloria

Good morning!
Thank you all for your very kind comments about my pictures. I am sure that all of you who visit Portugal will find it beautiful!
Kavey and Rhonda:
For Portugal, I used 100 or 200 speed film Kodak Gold in a point and shoot camera. I didn't use any enhancements, filters, or touchups on these.
I did use a UV filter on my Vienna and Prague pictures and a Canon Rebel camera with a zoom lens. I did adjust a couple of those pictures when I scanned them in. It was very important to use 800 speed film indoors. And, the very most important part, use a good company to process those priceless rolls of film.
I am going to buy an inexpensive digital camera fairly soon. I don't know that I have found one that can act quickly enough for some of those special, fleeting moments.
Thanks for all the kind comments, again.
Gloria

Old Apr 22nd, 2001, 07:48 AM
Gloria

I should have mentioned, Kavey, if you would like to download that picture of the sunset, you are most welcome to do so. I put those pictures on to share.
I also liked the streetscape shots with the decorative stones...Lisbon is alive with decoration!
Gloria

Old Apr 22nd, 2001, 05:08 PM
Cat

Very nice pictures. Thanks for the offer to let us download them.