Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Pick one between Montalembert, Bel Ami, Lutetia and Hotel de l'Abbaye and why.

Apr 1st, 2002, 01:54 PM
Tom

Need some help narrowing down our hotel choices. Interested in who has stayed at any of the above hotels and why they liked it. We're interested in a nice property, good service and well located in a neighborhood with good cafes, nightlife, etc. Appreciate the help as they all sound good.

Apr 1st, 2002, 02:08 PM
mimi

Always stay at the L'Abbaye.

Apr 1st, 2002, 02:11 PM
Wayne

My pick is the Hotel l'Abbaye on rue Cassette. Good location, nice staff, good rooms, reasonable cost, not far from metro, good restaurants in the area. Sorta an old-fashioned Paris hotel with a bit of a feeling of nostalgia. If you go, use the concierge to answer all your questions; they are very knowledgeable & helpful. Frankly, the other reason I suggest the Abbaye is that I haven't been in any of the others you mentioned.

Apr 1st, 2002, 04:43 PM
Kathy

Tom, As far as location my choices would be: 1.Bel Ami 2.l'Abbaye 3. Montalembert 4. Lutetia. All the hotels are very nice- the Bel Ami and Montalembert have modern very trendy decor. All are 4 star, except l'Abbaye, which is a 3 star.

Apr 1st, 2002, 04:44 PM
kate

I would stay at the Abbaye - more charming, old world French,just warm and pretty!
The Montalembert is a little too hip/chic/stylish for staying in longer than a couple of nights.I like the ambiance of a more traditional Paris hotel.Good service,and location are present in all three hotels,although the Lutetia is a little farther from the Seine than the others.
Have a wonderful time~