Reload this Page >

Pick a spot for November for me!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25th, 2002, 05:20 AM
Mike

Hello,<BR><BR>Unfortunately, I have to cancel a trip I had planned next week for Bavaria, Austria, etc.<BR>I'll do that trip next spring.<BR><BR>So, I want to pick a European destination for mid-November - I need to change my flights by Tuesday. I prefer moderate temperature - I've been to Italy several times so I think that's out.<BR><BR>Any suggestions?

Old Aug 25th, 2002, 05:30 AM
JP

The best place to be in Europe in November is Canvey Island.

Old Aug 25th, 2002, 05:35 AM
Duh!

And where would that be, JP?

Old Aug 25th, 2002, 05:50 AM
xxx

What about Greece? I believe it is less hot there during that time but not too cold either.

Old Aug 25th, 2002, 06:44 AM
Mike

What do you think about Spain?

Old Aug 25th, 2002, 07:33 AM
BOB THE NAVIGATOR

Mike, Nov. is not a great time for Europe. I would stay south--the combo of Sicily and Malta would be my choice.<BR>Second choice would be Andalusia and the Algarve. Good luck !

Old Aug 25th, 2002, 07:44 AM
Mike

Mike,<BR><BR>We have spend Thanksgiving week in Portugal each of the last three years.<BR>The weather was spring-like in the daytime with a moderate weight jacket for the evenings.<BR><BR>We have covered the territory between Lisbon as far north as Bucaoco in those three trips, and would not hesitate to do a late November trip to Portugal again.<BR><BR>We have also had good weather in the south of Spain (Analucia, Costa del Sol and as far east as Granada) during Thanksgiving week.<BR><BR>

Old Aug 25th, 2002, 10:13 AM
mjs

We often go to Europe in november as it is off season and I find that the thanksgiving week is a good time for me to take off work without losing much business. Would recommend Greece, especially Crete and probably Rhodes, Italy as well as Spain, Portugal and the south of France.