Picasa Photo Help, Please!

Sep 26th, 2013, 06:07 PM
Original Poster

Picasa Photo Help, Please!

What in the world am I doing wrong? I cannot get a link to post photos to a trip report using Picasa. I have watched every YouTube video I could find, but I am still unable to do this. I have albums made...but the only link I am able to post directs the user to a Google+ sign up page.

Two years ago I posted photos using Picasa and did not have this trouble. I see that JulieV recently posted Picasa albums here. I am ready to fly her to Kansas City to help me!

I can email a link to my photos, but that is it. I need a link that will work on Fodors. Any ideas?

Thanks!
Sep 26th, 2013, 06:21 PM

My Mom uses Picasa to share photos on some forums she uses. I had to figure out how to do it and show her.

I just logged into her account and tried it again. Here's what I did:

Login to your Google account if not already
Go to https://picasaweb.google.com/home
You should see a list of albums
Click on the album you want to share
In the right column, find the chain icon and the text "Link to this Album"
You'll see two boxes revealed. The first one (which you can post on Fodor's) is "Paste link in email." That should be the one you want. The second one is for embedding, something we can't do on Fodor's forum posts.
Sep 26th, 2013, 07:54 PM
Original Poster

Andrew, you are a lifesaver! Your link did the trick. For some reason, I could not get to "Web Albums". I cannot begin to tell you how much I appreciate you helping me out here. I have wasted a ton of time on this. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!
Sep 26th, 2013, 08:12 PM

No worries. I have helped my Mom with Picasa so many times now I can almost give Picasa instructions in my sleep. ;-)

Search this Thread