Photography in London

Old Apr 16th, 2002, 10:12 AM
Susan

Photography in London

I will be making my first trip to London soon and am wondering whether photography is permitted inside the following: Tower of London, Westminster Abbey, St. Paul's Cathedral, Windsor Castle, and other major sights. Does anyone know this from personal experience, or do you know of guides or websites that would say? (I have searched many guidebooks but most say nothing about where photos are and are not permitted.) Thanks!

Old Apr 16th, 2002, 11:21 AM
Sara

According to my Eyewitness guidebook the following applies.
Tower of London - Yes to photography
Westminster Abbey - No
St Pauls - Yes but not during services
The Eyewitness guidebook lists yes or no to photography for all sights in London.
PS
Tate Modern - Yes
British Museum - Yes
National Gallery - No
Have Fun

Old Apr 16th, 2002, 11:25 AM
Kate

To the best of my recollection, Tower of London, yes; St. Paul's, no. You didn't mention Kensington Palace but that was a "no", Madame Tussaud's, if you're into that, was a yes; Harrod's, no. Maybe others can fill in the rest. You will still get lots of great shots even if most of them are outdoors.

Old Apr 16th, 2002, 11:28 AM
Lisa

Was in London two weeks ago. St. Paul's — No. Tower — Yes, but crown jewels No. Westminster Abbey — No. British Library (treasures room) No. British Museum — Yes.

Old Apr 19th, 2002, 08:35 AM
Terry

Checked their web site today - to correct previous information. Tate Modern, in galleries - NO photography, except with special permit.