Search

Mykonos

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7th, 2001, 10:35 AM
Robb

Mykonos

Approx. 5 of us are looking to vacation in Mykonos this summer. None of us have been to Mykonos before. We were intending to rent a villa for a week near the town. Is this a good idea for first-time visitors or would you reccommend that we stay in a hotel? Also, any good resources for somewhat upscale accommodations? Thank you.

Old Feb 7th, 2001, 11:04 AM
bruce

Gay place? I have a great suggestion if that's what you're looking for.

Old Feb 7th, 2001, 11:09 AM
Robb

sure

Old Feb 7th, 2001, 11:29 AM
bruce

We had a great time at the Hotel Elysium on the hill overlooking the town. They met us at the boat. It's a wonderful 10 minute walk into the heart of the town (but a little rougher walking back up, especially after lots of great food and drink). There is a great pool area. The rooms are very nice and most have balconies facing the view. The staff is wonderful and very friendly. It is not a totally gay place, and several unsuspecting British couples had been booked there. But I would definitely consider it a gay resort -- much like many in Key West except larger and nicer. The one difference is in Key West they discriminate against non-gays or making them male only. In Greece, everyone is welcome. There is a web-site which I have lost, but you could probably find it by doing a general search on Mykonos-gay hotels.

Old Feb 7th, 2001, 11:41 AM
Robb

I'll check it out, thanks.

Old Feb 7th, 2001, 11:48 AM
Eva

Robb you are going to have a FABulous time - I was just there in September - be sure to go to SuperParidise Beach - the gay (nude) beach and Pierros. You will love it!