Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Phoenix AZ to London/Gatwick on British Airways???

Old Apr 8th, 2000, 02:31 PM
ray seva

Has anyone ever flown from Phoenix Arizona to London/Gatwick aboard British Airways?? I just booked a flight from Phoenixto London on British Airways (actually, I start from my hometown of San Diego...to Phoenix...THEN to Gatwick.) Positive or negative experiences, anyone?

Old Apr 8th, 2000, 02:40 PM
Karen

Fantastic flight and airline...we think far superior to US airlines....convenience of non-stop and landing at Gatwick and comfort and service of the BA plane and staff wins us over every time.

Old Apr 8th, 2000, 04:01 PM
Lori

We go over to LA and take BA from there. It's a matter of convenience, we prefer Heathrow to Gatwick and frankly if there are any flight problems BA has several flights a day from LA & return and every other airline in the world seems to run that route as well so the odds are better if a problem creeps up to get on another flight. Phoenix-Gatwick is the only flight each day. I'm sure it's a nice flight tho, we've flown BA many times and it's always been fine - even decent food. Be warned - their carry on limits are VERY strict and they enforce them - 13 lbs per person in coach and it must meet the size measurements too (max. 46").

Old Apr 8th, 2000, 08:30 PM
julie

All things being equal, BA has a nice service; be forewarned, however, that the coach placement of seats on BA is the tightest we have ever been on (the 747, anyway). It can be an agony when going that far.

Old Apr 8th, 2000, 10:28 PM
David

great flight/great service. Only issue would be if they cancel as Lori mentioned above. Luckily, I never considered that, therefore, never worried about it and ended up with a great flight!

Old Apr 9th, 2000, 03:08 AM
Nigel Doran

A good flight was had by me when I travelled from Gatwick to Phoenix. It was a DC10 but now I think it might have changed to a 777. Great service, prompt arrival and departure time. It is easy-peasy to get to central London from Gatwick, either by train, bus or cab. The train takes you to Victoria and costs about 10 a ticket, but there are 2 operators and one charges a little less. Search this site for more info. on this aspect. Gatwick is smaller than H'row and more 'doable'.