Notices

Perfect Place to Stay in Tuscany

Mar 6th, 2013, 04:25 PM
Original Poster

Perfect Place to Stay in Tuscany

Hi. My boyfriend and I will be in Italy mid April. We are spending the first three nights in Venice and then plan to travel to Tuscany.

We are looking for a perfect place to stay. My perfect place:
- Historic
- Romantic
- Views
- Balcony/Patio/some outdoor space attached to our room with a view of countryside and space to relax with a bottle of wine in the afternoon or espresso in the morning
- Close enough to walk into town/village. Village with historical center with restuarants. Can be a small village. We really don't want to be limited to what the hotel offers without getting into a car.

Nice to have:
- Gardens

Not needed:
- Pool

Budget: I would like to stay under 250Euros a night but I'm willing to spend up to 400Euros a night for something really special.

We want to relax, visit wineries, drive to 2 or 3 hilltop towns, eat and drink. We do plan to rent a car.

We haven't settled in on a specific area. We fly out of Florence and have a hotel booked the night before our flight.

Thanks!
Mar 6th, 2013, 04:34 PM

Look at Relais Fattoria Vignale in Radda. I'm not sure it will come in at your budget, but it is a gorgeous hotel, only about a 45 minute drive from Florence. The hotel has beautiful rooms with antique furniture, some with sweeping views of the surrounding countryside and its vineyards. You can easily walk into town, where there are a handful of very good restaurants. It's also easy to day trip from there to Siena, and Chianti, and other towns that you might want to see.
Mar 6th, 2013, 04:46 PM

http://www.lemiccine.com check this lovely set of gites - we stayed there many years ago and found it 1st class in accomodations and wine and oil products. Located in the Chianti Classico area and near many wineries and great towns like Sienna etc to visit. great grounds to relax and quiet out in the country - close to Giaole, Radda etc for dining - beautiful area!!
Mar 7th, 2013, 06:06 AM

http://www.hotelterrerosse.com/ :

- Romantic: Yes
- Views: Yes
- Balcony/Patio/some outdoor space attached to our room with a view of countryside and space to relax with a bottle of wine in the afternoon or espresso in the morning: Yes
- Close enough to walk into town/village. Village with historical center with restuarants. Can be a small village. We really don't want to be limited to what the hotel offers without getting into a car: Yes, very close to Unesco site San Gimignano

Nice to have:
- Gardens: Yes (big park)

Not needed:
- Pool: Yes 8however

Budget: I would like to stay under 250Euros a night: Yes

San Gimignano and Tuscan Countryside is great and then Casolare Terre Rosse has also a great inner restaurant. Nice trip!

Search this Thread