Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Pensione Accadamia in Venice---Request for any Photographers Who Have Stayed There (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/pensione-accadamia-in-venice-request-for-any-photographers-who-have-stayed-there-464433/)

Koshka Aug 3rd, 2004 09:06 AM

Pensione Accadamia in Venice---Request for any Photographers Who Have Stayed There

As some folks here may recall, DH and I went to Italy in February/March.

And I'm still working on my trip report. :-) I'm writing it in both English and Italian for my professore and I'm assembling a scrapbook as I go.

I've reached Day 12 (of 15) and I'm trying to describe our worst weather day, a day when all we wanted to do was huddle near the hotel's fireplace in the parlor after we'd ventured out.

But DH didn't take a picture of the fireplace.

So this is a major shot in the dark.... does anyone here have a digital image of the fireplace in the parlor/bar of the Pensione Accademia in Venice? preferably with a roaring fire going?

If you think you can help me out, please LMK and I will provide contact information.

Thanks in advance,
Koshka

Koshka Aug 3rd, 2004 11:17 AM

While I'm shamelessly topping my post, I'll apologize for misspelling Accademia. I *do* know better!

Koshka Aug 4th, 2004 09:43 AM

ttt

Anyone?

Koshka Aug 8th, 2004 07:05 PM

Darn, nobody, eh?

LindaL Aug 11th, 2004 10:56 AM

Hi. I will be staying there in October and take a picture for you. Will this work?

Koshka Aug 14th, 2004 02:10 PM

Linda, that would be wonderful! and I'd be most appreciative.

Meanwhile, I'm searching the web for a cozy fireplace picture with comfy chairs surrounding. When I have the actual picture in hand, I can replace the one I find in my scrapbook.

Koshka
([email protected])

jmw44 Aug 15th, 2004 05:17 AM

What a dandy thread! Wish I could help you, Koshka. Have you tried e-mailing the pensione folks? You never can tell when someone will do the nicest thing! J.

Koshka Aug 16th, 2004 07:43 AM

That's very true, jmw44.

The hotel was sooooo nice to us while we were there.

Maybe I'll give it a try!

Koshka Nov 1st, 2004 09:15 AM

Just topping in case LindaL made it back and remembered my photo!

LindaL Nov 6th, 2004 05:34 PM

Koshka, I did not make it to Venice. I fell while walking (trying to get in shape for my trip!!) and now possess a metal plate and 4 screws in my left wrist. I am now wondering when I will be able to get off the ground and over to Europe. I'm sorry I wasn't able to assist you.

LoveItaly Nov 6th, 2004 05:52 PM

LindaL, good grief, that is terrible!

I don't what is happening but it seems so many people have "fallen" and terribly hurt themselves this year. Is it something in the air? And I am not trying to be flippant. Honestly, I have known of so many people injured recently from falls.

Are you alright? Have you rescheduled your trip? I am so sorry this happened.

LindaL Nov 6th, 2004 06:17 PM

I am fine - just mad that I tripped over a crack in the sidewalk. I will have to wait until I am further along with my physical therapy before I can go anywhere. I guess I will set off the metal detectors at the airport. That's the number one question I get asked!! I'll have to carry my fluoroscope of my wrist showing the hardware when I travel from now on I suppose. Thanks for asking.

LoveItaly Nov 6th, 2004 06:34 PM

Well you sound like a good sport.

I hope you can go to Venice by spring.

Best wishes to you.

cigalechanta Nov 6th, 2004 06:54 PM

Linda, I went to france with my hand/arm in a cast. that meant I couldn't shower very well, so took lots of baby wipes, I repackaged in ziplocks.
I hope you are feeling better and get to go another day.

LindaL Nov 8th, 2004 08:00 AM

Thanks for your info and well wishes. I actually prefer to travel solo (yikes, I just read the post from the lady that went with her co-worker to France & England; boy does that bring back memories of some of my adventures with cranky travellers) so as soon as I can hoist my carry on by myself then I'll be off. I actually was looking forward to going to Croatia after I read granny's and europetravelers trip reports.

Kate Nov 8th, 2004 08:04 AM

Well, you could always cheat, and show a close-up of a log fire. Go in close enough and no-one will know where it was.

Download images from http://creative.gettyimages.com

Just put 'log fire' in the search engine.

mcmrjm Nov 8th, 2004 08:32 AM

Koshka...You could go to Google and click on "Images". Then type in "fireplaces" and you'll get a plethora of fireplace pictures. Maybe one will be similar to the Accademia until you get the real thing...Mary

Koshka Nov 18th, 2004 10:35 AM

Gosh, how rude, I completely forgot to check back on my inquiry.

LindaL, I'm really sorry to hear about your fall.

I am always falling over my own feet, or slipping on wet sidewalks, etc.

I did try the google images idea, but nothing quite captured the essence I was hoping for.

Maybe I'll try the log fire option at Getty, or figure out the Italian translation for log fire to search Google Italy.