COVID-19 Travel Advisory: Stay up to date with the latest on the coronavirus pandemic.   Learn More >

Pension in Innsbruck

Old Mar 3rd, 2009, 08:44 AM
Original Poster

Pension in Innsbruck

My husband and I will be travelling from Berchtesgaden to Zurich Airport and plan to stay one night in Innsbruck. We are looking for a Pension within walking distance to the town so we can leave our car at the Pension. Any suggestions. Thank you in advance.

Erika
Old Mar 3rd, 2009, 11:08 AM

Is your heart set on Innsbruck? If not, I would recommend you take a look at Hall in Tirol. It's only about a mile east of Innsbruck but has a larger "old town" than Innsbruck due to being a wealthy salt producing town.

We have stayed at Gasthof Badl and can recommend it. It's a small rustic inn with nice owners and a good little restaurant. It sits right on the River with a llittle wooden bridge across it and a short walk to the old town. They also have parking for your car.

http://www.regionhall.at/en/
http://www.hall-in-tirol.at/110.html
Old Mar 3rd, 2009, 11:31 AM

This is why I'm addicted to Fodor's: Thanks Bettyk, our "usual" route when exploring Southern Germany/Austria usually has us just pass through the Innsbruck area as we travel from Berchtesgaden to Fuessen. But this Gasthof of yours sounds like a great deal and in a place we've never stopped in even though we must've seen the signs for "Hall in Tirol" at least 50 times in the past 30 years. It sounds like it might be a lot for interesting than our usual stop at Swarovski in Innsbruck ever year (my wife is gonna kill me). It looks like this is the website for your Gasthof (?):

http://www.badl.at/english/hotel.htm
Old Mar 3rd, 2009, 11:39 AM

www.hotel-engl.at

In 2001 we had reservations at this Gasthof with a large extended family group; long story short, the trip never took place, but I remember thinking that it looked like a nice place. It was recommended by a travel agency that specializes in ski trips. I remember the TA saying that the food is highly thought of locally. I notice on the website that they do provide parking.

Good luck!
Old Mar 3rd, 2009, 12:13 PM

I've also stayed at Gasthof Badl, based on reviews from this forum and TA (Otzi, yes, that's the right address). We needed a stopover on our way from Stuttgart to the Dolomites and this fit the bill. It's a typical guesthouse with very friendly staff. Breakfast was a bit sparse but otherwise we had no complaints. It's also very conveniently located right off the motorway and easy to find even in the dark!
Old Mar 3rd, 2009, 12:32 PM

Yes, it's certainly not a "grand" place, but the location is great. From our room window, we had an outstanding view of the snow covered mountains and the River Inn. I would have paid 65 Euro just for that view!