Passport question

Apr 29th, 2011, 11:56 AM
Original Poster

Passport question

I'll be in the UK during the first 3 weeks of May 2011 and I just noticed my passport expires at the end of September 2011--I've read where traveling with a passport that expires within 6 months can sometimes cause problems. Should I be concerned? It seems to me that since I have my return ticket (and I'm visiting "Western" countries as opposed to China, etc) this shouldn't be a problem. What do you think?
Apr 29th, 2011, 12:17 PM
Doh

"ENTRY / EXIT REQUIREMENTS FOR U.S. CITIZENS: While some countries impose a minimum passport validity of three, six, or nine months for arriving passengers, there is no such requirement for the United Kingdom. U.S. citizens seeking entry as tourists or visitors are simply required to present a valid passport, as explained on the website of the UK Border Agency."

http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_p...y_requirements
Apr 29th, 2011, 12:19 PM
Original Poster

Thanks, was looking for that info on the web and couldn't seem to find it. Whew!
Apr 29th, 2011, 12:25 PM

Each country has its own rules. You can usually find them on the website for the embassy of that country in your own country. For the UK it is not easy to figure out because the answer is no, no minimum time remaining. But for example when I checked for Iceland last week that country requires 3 months remaining.

Search this Thread