Go Back  Fodor's Forum > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page > Passport Control in Istanbul for double entrance
Notices

Passport Control in Istanbul for double entrance

Mar 9th, 2013, 03:02 PM
Original Poster

Passport Control in Istanbul for double entrance

I am an American citizen going to Turkey and England in November.

We are flying from Houston to Istanbul, staying in Istanbul for a few days, then flying Istanbul to London, staying in London a few days, then returning to Istanbul for the final days of our trip, then returning to Houston. I know it sounds complicated, but that is what we're doing.

I have read how we will need to bring $20 cash for a sticker visa into Turkey. When we leave Istanbul for England, will they stamp us out of the country as well? And once we return from England the second time, is it possible to get another sticker visa, or will we be required to return on the previous one? How will they stamp us in and out for that second section? I really love passport stamps so I would be willing to pay another $20 for an additional sticker visa, unless that is not allowed.

I appreciate your help! Thank you!
Mar 9th, 2013, 03:18 PM

My last Turkish visa stamp (and "stamp" here means a perforated sticky bit of paper, not the result of a rubber stamping machine) says in English "Multiple entry visa valid for an intended stay of not more than 90 days period, 180 days duration") That might be less incomprehensible in the Turkish it's also (and originally, and almost certainly definitively) written in.

But to me, it's a badly written version of the basic Schengen rule: come in and out as often as you like within 180 days, as long as your stays don't add up to more than 90 days in total.

Assuming I'm right, you'll get new rubber stamps around the paper visa stamp each time you enter and leave Turkey. But you'll get just one paper stamp, and have to fork out the $20 or whatever just once in 180 days.

Search this Thread