Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Night train from Krakow to Prague, how safe it is?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5th, 2013, 12:56 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi guys !! I am right now in Prague. The night train experience is wonderful. So I've booked a compartment with 2 shared bed and I saw on my ticket stated female for my compartment. I was lucky because I was alone in my compartment, so I cannot tell you if I am sharing with a female or male, but I assume it is a same gender compartment since it is stated on my ticket.

So the train has multiple compartments with stated bed number beside of each compartment door. So you will need to search for your bed number then you will know which compartment to enter. There is 2 beds in mine as I've mentioned I've booked a 2 beds compartment. You will need a ladder to climb up to the top bed and mind you, it is very high up. There is a ladder hang by the wall opposite of the bed. I did not use this so I cannot tell you how to operate this ladder, I guess you will know if you have to use it. There is 2 locks on the door and a a chain lock which again, I do not how to use it. In the end, I only locked my door with the 2 attached lock on the door. It was very safe.

It was quite a safe experience. I would definitely recommend my friends to take the night train. I also noticed that the train was not very shaky unless is trying to stop. I was sleeping comfortably on my bed and only wakes up when I need to go to the toilet. Make sure you close your door when you go out of the room and others will just assume the door is locked, unless someone is stalking you. There is a person in charge in each couch (1 couch consist of multiple compartments). Also, you will be given a hand towel with a bottle of still water upon boarding the train, coffee and croissant about 30 minutes prior arriving to Prague.

Amazing experience ! If you have any question, do not hesitate in asking as I will be happy to answer you if I can.
Old Nov 5th, 2013, 06:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks for following up! Glad you enjoyed the train. Did you have fun in Krakow? I really loved it there.
Old Nov 7th, 2013, 01:33 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No problem at all ! Well, Krakow is such a party town. I like the city as in the architecture and the old town but don't really enjoy the night there as I didn't get to have much rest due to all the noises.