Reload this Page >

Parking in downtown León

Search

Parking in downtown León

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12th, 2002, 01:46 PM
Carolyn

Parking in downtown León

Does anyone know about parking facilities in downtown León, Spain? The net searches I have done are unclear. There is supposed to be a place at the Plaza de Santo Domingo, but some maps have it and others don't. Please advise about that one or another in that general vicinity. Thanks!

Old Sep 12th, 2002, 06:10 PM
Maribel

Carolyn,<BR>We actually found street parking around the cathedral on Sun. morning when we stopped to attend mass before settling in at the Parador, but during the week you'll probably need to find one of the 4 underground parking garages in the city center. I don't have my red Michelin at hand right now, so I can't verify if one of those is on Santo Domingo, but the red guide never fails me regarding its indications of where those garages are. The Leon city map I pulled up on www.viamichelin.com doesn't include the parking garages. <BR>If you don't get another response here, try to find a red Michelin Espana/Portugal. The city maps included there are a god send to us getting in to cities when we don't have a "callejero" on hand. And they've always been reliable.

Old Sep 12th, 2002, 06:48 PM
Carolyn

Thanks, Maribel! I do have the Michelin maps for the specific areas in which we will be driving, but they don't include the city insets. I guess I can look for them in Madrid before we set out for the north. We are so eager for our first stay at La Posada Regia, but arriving on a Sat. rather late, I'm concerned that the closest parking garage might be filled. I'm sure it will all be an adventure. Thanks again!

Old Sep 13th, 2002, 12:19 PM
Maribel

Me again, Carolyn,<BR>I just checked my Spain/Portugal Michelin atlas which has city maps of all the provincial capitals, besides the Red Michelin guide. There's definitely a parking garage at Plaza de Santo Domingo. On the off chance that it's full on Sat. night (I really think you'll be alright), then just 2 very short blocks away, east, on the corner of Ruiz de Salazar, there's another garage. 2 in the vicinity of the Posada Regia. But finding one's way to the P. R. can be a real adventure! Hope you enjoy your stay there-it's really cute, and the Bodega Regia serves really nice meals, plus there are the lively tapas bars of the Barrio Humedo. Have a great time!

Old Sep 13th, 2002, 03:18 PM
Graziella

Hi Carolyn, Hi Maribel, only to confirm first hand what Maribel told you.We stayed in the Posada Regia and Parked in the underground garage a short walk from the Posada.<BR>It is a little over ten dollars a day. <BR>You can do two things park and then walk to the Posada which is in no-cars street, or have then pull down the little stone column to drive to their door. We did the latter upon leaving but for check in we parked first and then rolled our small luggage to the Posada. We left the car there all the time.<BR>You will love the Posada, if you can ask for the green room, it is very nice and we enjoyed it. May be the Posada is a little noisy considering all the Spaniards that love to go out very late on week ends, and Monday to Friday too, but on the whole we thought we liked more than the Parador. The Parador was very nice and quiet but it was more fun to be in the heart of the Barrio Humedo.<BR>If you wish to know exactly how to get to the right parking ask the Posada Regia, they told us .<BR>Have a great time, I envy you. I love Leon. Adios.<BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR>

Old Sep 14th, 2002, 01:29 PM
Carolyn

Many thanks to both Maribel and Graziella! It will be a very long day before we reach Le&oacute;n on Sat. and having the parking info. beforehand will make us feel much better. You both have posted such wonderful things about the Posada and the Bodega that we can hardly wait! And the Sun. mass at the Catedral is something glorious I remember from years ago. Adelante a Espa&ntilde;a....Gracias, Carolyn

Old Sep 14th, 2002, 05:31 PM
Graziella

De nada,...<BR><BR> Carolyn I remember one thing, be careful when driving out of Leon, on our last trip to Leon , we drove towards the North and the Guardia Civil was hiding behind a little hill . It was I recall ,a glorious Sunday morning, ....you can guess the rest, we paid no attention to those speed limit signs that<BR>pop out all over Spain and got a ticket , not a little one but a BIG one. So be careful. ...

Old Sep 15th, 2002, 10:03 AM
Carolyn

Gracias por el aviso. Un encuentro con la G.C. no est&aacute; en mi lista de experiencias favoritas. Carolyn