Parking and directions to Cane e Gatto

Old Jun 14th, 2001, 05:07 AM
tuscany

Parking and directions to Cane e Gatto

Was able to get reservations here. Can anyone give me directions into Siena to park close enough to restaurant and where the restaurant is exactly?? We will just be driving in for dinner that evening and will spend the day in Siena later. Many thanks. <BR>

Old Jun 14th, 2001, 05:24 AM
siena

And what is the proper dress attire for dining here?

Old Jun 14th, 2001, 12:43 PM
dirty

Wondered how you got the ressies? Did you call or do they have a website?

Old Jun 14th, 2001, 04:40 PM
siena

Yes, please share...how did you get reservations?

Old Jun 15th, 2001, 07:43 AM
tuscany

I called them directly at around 10pm their time as I expected they'd be "cleaning up"...spoke with the owner and told him what I wanted. He asked me to fax through the request which I did. He confirmed back by fax. Numbers I used <BR>Phone 011 39 057 7287545 <BR>fax 011 39 057 7333916 *note this # as the wrong fax no. was given in previous posts. <BR>NOW!!! I STILL need directions into Siena and to a parking lot close by the restaurant or even the general vicinity of where the restaurant is located!! Pleeeze.... <BR>

Old Jun 15th, 2001, 10:22 AM
Gene

Do you have their address? If so you might have luck using maporama.com.

Old Jun 15th, 2001, 10:45 AM
kam

Tuscany, this is very vague, but the best I can do. Cane e Gatto is at 6 via Pagliaresi.If you face the city hall and bell tower in the campo, you will walk down the Via Del Porrione, the street to the left of the city hall,which becomes the Via San Martino and turn left onto Via Pagliaresi. A hotel that might be signposted nearby is the Antica Torre. Otherwise, you will be going in the direction of Santa Maria dei Servi church. Driving into Siena, follow signs to Centro and look for signs to one of two "gates" into the city, either Porta Romano or Porta Pispini. Prepare to get lost, we always do, but once you've found a parking space, Siena is a very easy walking town and perfectly safe at all hours. My apologies for the confusing directions, hope you find it easily and buon appetito!