Parisian hotel for family of 5

Old Jan 9th, 2003, 11:25 AM
tim

Parisian hotel for family of 5

We have 3 kids, ages 11, 9 and 6 and would like to go to Paris next winter. I am having a hard time trying to find a hotel room that would accomidate a family of 5, and the kids are too young for my comfort in giving them a separate room that isn't at least connected to ours. Does anyone have any recommendations? We are planning on staying 4 nights in November, and are interested in the Marais, st-Germain, or 7th arrondissement, but are open minded if someone has a place that would work for us! Thank-you

Old Jan 9th, 2003, 11:40 AM
SA

What about an apartment ? Much better & not more expensive. The only difficulty may be in renting for less than a week.

Old Jan 9th, 2003, 11:41 AM
tony

Tim - would suggest perhapos its better to look at a selection of apart-hotels - of which there are a great many companies - some (like Citadins) are more like hotels, while others are a lot more like long-term apts. Even though minimum rental periods are usually a week, many places are willing to work on a per-diem basis - and even if not, it may often be cheaper to take a weekly rate even if you are not going to be there for a week. Bonne Chance !

Old Jan 9th, 2003, 11:50 AM
tim

Thanks for your suggestions! I am not sure we can extend the stay, but I would like to look into it. Do you have the website for citadins, or similar apartment info? Thank-you again for your help.

Old Jan 9th, 2003, 12:45 PM
CC

Check www.latour-maubourg.com. It is a small hotel, but they have a suite on the first floor that looks like it could accomodate your family. It is in the 7th.

Old Jan 9th, 2003, 01:48 PM
Christina

Oh, I wouldn't let kids that age stay in their own room, either, but if you can't find what you want, you may have to have the adults split up, one to each room. It will be easier to find accommodations that way, although what you want does exist (although limited in availability).

There have been a few threads on here for families of five in Paris and I do remember one where two different people said they found a hotel that had a room for five (not connecting). Unfortunately, I can't find that post as there was no special word to search on, but I did find one that said the Hotel Tonic had a room for five www.tonichotel.com.
also, the Hotel Fremiant in the 16th (a Best Western) had a room(s) for five, if I read it correctly.

Other hotels mentioned as having connecting rooms or family rooms (more likely for four, but you can check) are:

Hotel Danube
Hotel Fleurie (more expensive one)
Hotel Duquesne Eiffel
Hotel Palais Bourbon
Hotel La Motte Picquet

THe first two are in arr. 6 and the last three in 7.

Old Jan 9th, 2003, 02:49 PM
cindy

I would recommend you rent an apartment. rentparis.com has a very nice selection of apartments in the marais. We used them last year and were very happy with them. We will be going again in February and renting a larger apartment. They have no minimum stay. We only stayed 3 nights, but plan on 6 this year.

Old Jan 10th, 2003, 07:01 AM
tim

Thanks for all of your help! The apartments from the rent paris site look great!
Lynn