My husband and I with our 2 yr. old are looking at traveling to Paris and then to Lorraine/Alsace either in December (Christmas) or the first part of January. We are wanting to spend maybe 3 days in Paris and then a week in the Alsace area.
Any advice would be wonderful as neither one of us have been to France.
Would like to know:
Traveling options between Paris and Alsace? (Preferably the least expensive)
Getting around Alsace; renting a car?
Where to stay in Lorraine/Alsace? (least expensive)
When is the best time to go; December or January?
Must see places to visit
Place to eat or go for hot cocoa, etc.
Outdoor activities; Iceskating, sledding
We are on a budget, but would like to make the most of our time there.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 2 Devon and Dorset: Where to Base?
- 3 London vacation rental agency
- 4 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 5 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!
- 6 Germany, Switzerland and Paris with teens
- 7 land vs river cruise
- 8 South of France
- 9 Tips for first trip to UK
- 10 Buying RER Ticket CDG-Paris
- 11 Czech Republic & Germany in Eleven Days
- 12 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 13 Traveling to Ukraine with a travel guide
- 14 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 15 My France Vacation
- 16 Italy Croatia Bosnia
- 17 Slovenia and Croatia in January (Solo)
- 18 Must See/Do/Eat in Vienna?
- 19 The 2017-18 Ashes thread - up now on the Aussie forum.
- 20 Itinerary for 4 days in Madrid
- 21 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria
- 22 Malaga Christmas lights
- 23 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 24 Your favorite London streets for strolling?
- 25 Planning a Poland itinerary