Paris: Women's Clubs

Aug 13th, 1999, 01:44 PM
Eileen

Paris: Women's Clubs

I will be in Paris from Sun-Thurs. and I am looking for some upscale women's nightclub/s (gay) to have fun at. Looking for the "IN" place to be. Any suggestions?

Aug 13th, 1999, 03:43 PM
Richard

Eileen, to be accepted as "upscale", learn the language. First; grammar, don't end a sentence with a preposition. Second; spelling, it's restaurant.

Aug 13th, 1999, 04:11 PM
Diane

Eileen--Fodor's Paris 99 guidebook has a section on Gay and Lesbian Bars and Clubs. Listed for mostly women are: Champmesle, 4 Rue Chabanais; Le Pulp! 25 bd. Poissonniere; and Les Scandaleuses, 8 rue des Ecouffes. maybe there is more info on Paris clubs elsewhere on this website. I will refrain from remarking on Dick's rudeness.

Aug 13th, 1999, 04:17 PM
Huh?

Richard: Who designated you as chief of the language police?

Aug 13th, 1999, 04:59 PM
vanessa

Bad day, Richard?
Anyway, Eileen, Frommer's Paris 99 book says that "The Marais, Les Halles, and the Bastille are the main gay and lesbian neighborhoods in Paris." It says that Les Scandaleuses is the hottest Lesbian bar of the moment. The Open Cafe (17 rue des Archives, 4e, 01-42-72-26-78, Metro: Hotel-de-Ville) is "the bar of the moment, attracting a casually chic crowd." It is open daily 10 am to 2am. Drinks cost about 20F. Have fun!

Aug 13th, 1999, 06:59 PM
frodo

Richard thinks it's a troll.

Aug 15th, 1999, 06:39 AM
Vincent

Contrary to the States, gay places in France don't mock straight bars and are not meant to reproduce the structure of the society : places for professionals, for whites, for blacks, for blue-collars, etc. So, the "upscale" definition would only apply to how attractive the patrons are. Mind you, that's also a class definition, but of another kind.

Aug 15th, 1999, 03:55 PM
catherine

Eileen, I think you would enjoy the Paris hammam.It was quite the experience.The most exotic of my life.
Ladies nights are mon,wed,and fri.
The women there were beautiful. Mostly in their 20's and 30's, most were gay.Don't ask me how I knew.It is too risque for the forum.
It is a very relaxing place to be.Everyone was naked.I walked in, in my swim suit and felt such a fool.Itook it off.One lies around on hot marble slabs.Then when the heat gets too much there is a cool, dipping, pool.You can buy mud to scrub yourself with called grommage.After this you can have a massage very proper.After the massage there are couches to recline on.
Then to end the evening there is a cafe where you can drink mint tea.The tea was delicious.Nothing like the mint tea you make from a teabag.
I really enjoyed the hammam.No one bothered me at all.I didn't feel threatened or intimidated,but if I had wanted to meet someone I think I could have.
It is not cheap about 200ff for everything.the women there struck me as wealthy types.
I wish someone had described it for me before I went.Next time I go to Paris I am going there again even though I am straight.

Aug 16th, 1999, 06:24 AM
offended

Catherine what a disgusting story.

Aug 16th, 1999, 06:37 AM
HelenF

Oh please, get a life!

Aug 17th, 1999, 01:38 PM
Christina

I think they have recommendations on this topic in the Timeout Guides, I think they're pretty good -- just go to www.timeout.com (or www.timeout.co.uk) and click on Paris then entertainment or bars or something, they have a section.

Aug 17th, 1999, 03:07 PM
JoAnn

Catherine, what the heck are you talking about?

Do you write for "Sex and the City"? (tranlation for Europeans = TV show on cable TV in the U.S.)

Aug 30th, 1999, 09:59 AM
Get a life !

JoAnn and "offended", check in your French dictionary and see what "cul serré" means : quite a good definition of your souls ! Catherine only gave an honest description of a sensuous afternoon at a hammam. It happens everyday for millions of women in the islamic world. Get out of your shopping malls !

Jul 12th, 2007, 10:13 PM

Wow, there are still ridiculous, small minded people on the planet-you don't often come across them in London.
Catherine, ingore their stupid comments; your description was charming. I'm almost tempted to go-I may run it part my girlfriend lol.
We are going to Le Pulp in August on a Wed-has anyone been? xx
Jul 13th, 2007, 06:28 AM

It may be that there are still ridiculous, small minded people on the planet, but this thread only proves that there were such people eight years ago.
Jul 13th, 2007, 06:51 AM

what a shame we never got a trip report.

ann