Reload this Page >

Bauer Grunwald in Venice?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13th, 2002, 02:58 PM
Linda

Has anyone stayed at the Bauer Grunwald in Venice? The cruise lines uses this hotel and it is very pricey. Is it worth it?

Old Jan 13th, 2002, 03:09 PM
Tom

Linda:<BR><BR>Isn't this place around $800US a night? If so, I would probably guess that it was a "nice place".

Old Jan 13th, 2002, 03:29 PM
Surlok

Linda,<BR><BR>I haven't stayed there, but passed by. It's a wonderful building, at the perfect location, but I've read raving, and not so raving reviews about it.<BR><BR>There's the Bauer Palace, the main building, and the annex, a more modern building. The rooms at the palace are said to be large and wonderful, at the annex, not so large, and not so nice.<BR><BR>I hope it helps.<BR><BR>regards,<BR><BR>s

Old Jan 13th, 2002, 03:56 PM
RMC

Linda,<BR><BR>There are two hotels that you're talking about at the same place. I know, makes no sense to me either! One is called the Bauer Hotel and the other is the Il Palazzo at the Bauer. Both are bundled together and made Conde Nast's Gold List for 2002. Personally I think it was the Il Palazzo that helped the Bauer Hotel make the list! This hotel is also a member of "Leading Hotels of the World". You can check out some nice pictures at <BR>www. bauer.hotelinvenice.com<BR><BR>We stayed at the Il Palazzo about a year and a half ago. The Il Palazzo is a section of the Bauer that's sort of separated from it. It's hard to explain. The room we stayed in was very large, it was recently renovated and very luxurous. The marble bathroom was so huge it was almost the same size as the room! I thought this hotel was wonderful and yes, it was also the most expensive hotel room that we've ever stayed in. But on the flip side our room looked directly onto the Grand Canal! I have to say that I love everything about the location of this hotel. It's a bit further down the canal and away from St. Marks Square so it's a little quieter down this end. The service was the best service I've ever received at a hotel. The concierge can't do enough to please you. They arranged a private taxi for us to tour the canals and take us to the islands of Burano, Murano and Torcello. They really went all out to accommodate any request we had. Finally the food was wonderful. We ate at the hotel restaurant the last night we were there and the restaurant is located right on the canal. Talk about magical!!! We had the best tiramisu ever!<BR><BR>In case you're still hotel shopping, another choice you might want to make is the Gritti Palace. It's a stones throw from the Bauer and it also made the Conde Nast Gold List with a much higher score. I didn't stay there but did walk through it. It seemed very nice as well and I'm sure it's comparably priced.<BR><BR>Have a wonderful trip!