Friday, March 9
This trip was quite different for me as so much of it revolved around socializing. It was wonderful though, in a very different way than the all sightseeing focused trips I might otherwise have when visiting Europe. We did manage to do some sightseeing though
I flew KC-ORD-CDG on Friday, March 9. For some reason I booked flights that left me with a 5 hour layover in Chicago. It must have been cheaper! I had a late breakfast/early lunch, and then walked briskly all over the terminal, figuring I would be sitting for hours later on.
The Backrub Hub caught my eye, and I settled in for a 30 minute seated massage. Such a good idea! Relaxed, I headed back to my terminal, and looked for a grilled chicken sandwich. Someone had posted a link to an article about resetting
your body clock by stopping eating 12-15 hours before the time you want to wake up in your new time zone, then breaking the fast with breakfast at the new time. So, I needed to eat my last meal by 2 pm.
I got my sandwich, and finally just settled in for some people watching. Lots and lots and lots of women with skinny jeans or leggings and boots. Lots of school groups, and family groups getting ready to head for Paris. Everyone is in a pretty good mood.
The flight was uneventful, although my brand new TravelRest pillow would not stay inflated (www.travelrest.com) They did quickly send me a new one when I returned home but I was disappointed not to be able to use it on the trip as my friend declared it the best travel pillow ever.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 NORTON vidya renewal Installation CONTACT ? 1800 6817208 Tec*h supp0rt 24/7
- 2 Is a quick stopover in Bern worth it with 3 kids?
- 3 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 4 1st Birthday Party in Italy questions
- 5 Italy: Hotels on the Amalfi Coast; Orvieto; Perugia; Florence; and Siena
- 6 Amalfi as a home base for the Amalfi Coast
- 7 Barcelona to Malaga
- 8 Planning a Trip from DC to Anywhere in Europe (Budget Friendly)
- 9 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 10 Christmas week in Ireland
- 11 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann 2017
- 12 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 13 Salerno as a base to visit Amalfi Coast
- 14 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 15 August - Croatia, Italy, Malta
- 16 Has Berlin Banned Vacation Rentals?
- 17 Spain.... 2.5 Weeks... Need Help!
- 18 Traveling by car Munich to Soelden Austria
- 19 "Occupied" TV series: On location in Oslo
- 20 Rome - Naples - Paestum - Salerno - Ravello Trip Report
- 21 Connecting trains in Chambery
- 22 Recommendations Budget hotel Paris
- 23 Moscow Hotels
- 24 Headed to Madrid in the Spring
- 25 Packing Champagne
Paris Trip Report at last. The usual plus the Tuileries as a pickup joint?
Friday, March 9