Paris Tour Co.

Mar 4th, 2003, 12:19 PM
Original Poster

Paris Tour Co.

Anyone use a tour company for an orientation of Paris?? I found a company called fil frank tours-- sounds pretty good. Has anyone used fil frank? Any info will be appreciated. Also want to use this company for a day trip to Chanpagne Region.
Mar 4th, 2003, 02:30 PM
arr

Paris Vision (www.parisvision.com) and Cityrama (www.cityrama.com) are also respectable tour companies.
Mar 5th, 2003, 02:33 PM

I've just hired a young guy named Michael who is an artist living in Paris. He sounds as if he will provide the sort of touring we are interested in doing. He said he will do an orientation of Paris for us with a varied perspective on the city, using city bus, metro and on foot. That's the sort of thing we are after. I don't like the idea of being confined to a bus tour's itinerary. It will also be nice to get a feel for the city through the eyes of another American. My wife being the budding artist herself is looking forward to seeing the city with Michael. He was highly recommended by people at this site and some other travel sites I posted. We also received a few private recommendations off the boards. I don't know if he would take you out to the Champagne Region, but he seems to know Paris.
Paul
Mar 6th, 2003, 03:41 AM

If Paul is talking about Michael Ossman, we contacted him when we were in Paris last August...he wasn't available but recommended a friend of his...who spent the day with us and was the best money we ever spent (although it wasn't that expensive). He did exactly what WE wanted to do! I strongly recommend the private tour guide route - and it was so nice that he spoke fluent French (I was VERY tired at that point trying to make my limited French work).

Search this Thread