Paris To Italy

Apr 13th, 2006, 08:14 AM
adamriemer

Paris To Italy

First of all, does anyone know how long, how many trains it wold take to get from pisa to naples?

Second, Ive posted before on this but wish to clarify. I have exactly 9 nights and 8 days assuming I leave Paris on the night of May 10. My return flight will be out of Rome on May 19 in the early morning. Ryan air has cheap oneway flights from Paris to milan or venice for under 30 euros. If I flew into Milan on the night of May 10th, stay night there, then leave in morning, do I really have time to get to icoast and still have 2 days in Rome May 17 and May 18? This would give me 6 days plus Rome to travel Italy and I really want to be near the ocean, I love to hike, Run, enjoy the arts/culture, and enjoy the nightlife.

Due to my time constraint I really need your honest opinions as to what would be reasonable in planning this. Are there other cheap airlines that fly from paris to Pisa? Is missing venice and cirque terre a bad idea??? Or should I forget about naples,capri,amalfi coast all together and focus on Rome. venice. pisa.cirque terre, etcc.??

Thanks you all soo much.

Sincerely,

Adam

Apr 13th, 2006, 08:49 AM

It's time for you to choose. You have 8 days. Every time you change cities, it will take up at least half a day of travel, checking in and out, never mind unforeseen events.

If you focus as you say on Venice, Pisa, Cinque Terre, and Rome, you lose 1.5 "days" traveling. Basically you'll have a full day and half of another day in each place. Is that enough?

Venice, Cinque Terre, and Amalfi are all seaside locations. Do you need 3? Do Venice or Amalfi, not both--too much wasted travel time. Cinque Terre and Amalfi are more similar to one another. Do you need both? Not with these time constraints . . .
Apr 13th, 2006, 08:53 AM

What fun! Thanks for sharing. We will be in Venice in June staying at Locanda Orseolo. Can't wait.
Apr 13th, 2006, 09:54 AM

Oooops...have no idea how my above response got onto this thread. Sorry.quot;>

Search this Thread