Notices

Paris to Ghent?

May 17th, 2013, 03:15 AM
Original Poster

Paris to Ghent?

I really dislike Schiphol Airport, have done so for years. But I want to return to Bruges and visit Ghent/Gent as well. I'd like to fly a direct flight from DTW to some other airport.

Turns out that it's a short train ride from Paris itself to Ghent, but even checking on-line, I can;t figure out which part of CDG I'd be going from to Paris.

Has anyone every made this particular trip? I much prefer CDG to Schiphol, which I find confusing and annoying.
May 17th, 2013, 06:35 AM

The regional RER B train into Paris makes two stops at CdG, one for Terminal Two and the other for the other terminals. SNCF trains have a separate station in Terminal Two. http://www.aeroportsdeparis.fr/ADP/e...assagers/Home/ In my opinion CdG is far more complicated than Schiphol and further away from Ghent.
When you ask, "has anyone made this trip" it appears to refer to going into Paris which hundreds if not thousands do every day. If you mean going from CdG to Ghent, there are frequent trains from the airport with a change in Brussels, taking two and a half to three and a half hours.
Maybe you should consider flying into Brussels.

Search this Thread